Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Peke

Re: Last.fm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Post by Peke »

I still can't replicate, Can you send DL link for that exact file in PM so that I can test?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

Just sent a dropbox link in PM. Thanks for looking into it!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sample track is OK with me
Best regards,
Peke
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

That list only shows "Track Artist" though.

What do you see if you choose to edit the scrobble?

There should be both a "Track Artist" (just labeled "Artist") and an "Album Artist" in the edit pop-up. Artist should be "Neotek" while Album Artist should be "Various Artists", if it came over correctly.
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

To try and clarify further why this is an issue, even though "Album Artist" isn't actually displayed on LastFM in most locations:

Imagine you have a movie soundtrack "SomeMovie" with 10 tracks all by different artists. You have the album tagged as "Various Artists", but the tracks are all tagged with the individual artist (ex: Track1 - ArtistA, Track2 -ArtistB, etc.). You listen to the entire album once (10 plays total).

On LastFM, all plays for this album should all be grouped under "Various Artists", so on your Albums list you'd have "Various Artists - SomeMovie - 10 plays". If it's submitting the "Track Artist" as the "Album Artist" instead, then you end up with essentially 10 duplicate albums by 10 different artists with the same album name but only 1 track and play each (ex: "ArtistA - SomeMovie - 1 play", "ArtistB - SomeMovie - 1 play", etc.).

In other words, this really messes up the album play counts, although the artist play counts should still be ok since these go by "Track Artist".
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is how Scrobble protocol work. Plugin uses older protocol and MM5 native support is integrated with latest WEB API, which you can try.
Best regards,
Peke
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

So, if I am understanding correctly, you're saying you cannot submit the "Album Artist" tag using the old protocol?

If so, I'm curious how I could have ended up with scrobbles pre-2014 that have it correct as "Various Artists" but post-2014 are all "Track Artist"..?

There are a couple of plugins I rely on heavily, so I'm not sure if I am prepared to try moving to MM5 yet, unfortunately.

I just recalled that the "edit scrobble" feature is only available to subscribers on LastFM. So, you may not even be able to even see that option.

If that's the case, look at your albums and go to the last few pages. For example, I know for a fact that the "Now That's What I Call Music" series should be Album Artist = Various Artists, but I see where you have one of these albums credited to will.i.am in your list (which should only be the track artist).

So, comparing Media Monkey's track properties window to the LFM API reference I see here (https://www.last.fm/api/show/track.scrobble):

MM --> LFM
================
Artist(s) --> artist (Required)
Title --> track (Required)
Album --> album (Optional)
Album Artist(s) --> albumArtist (Optional) <-- This is where there seems to be an issue. Is this even being sent, since it's optional?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes MM plugin Uses old deprecated 1.2.1 submission protocol and you are referring to 2.0 version see https://www.last.fm/api/scrobbling

I checked 1.2.1 API and out of tags plugin sends Title, Artist, Album only no Album Artist, it is up to Last.FM to Group Album Artist.

MM5 Use v2.0 Scrobbling.
Best regards,
Peke
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

Not sure when the API changed, but from the WayBack Machine cache from November 2010, it looks like album artist was available even that far back: https://web.archive.org/web/20101124015 ... ervice=443

I'm not seeing anything about the API version number here, so I can't be sure.

I'm guessing that it's unlikely this plugin would be updated to support the 2.0 version?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
API changed long time ago, there was some licensing issues about switching to 2.0 in Plugin so it was left on 1.2.1.

You are right Plugin will not be updated to 2.0 which is natively supported in MM5
Best regards,
Peke
Utestit

Re: Lastfm Scrobbler 1.1.0.41 [Updated 11/27/2014]

Post by Utestit »

Hi,

I wondered if anybody still uses Lastfm Scrobbler ?

I have installed the latests available version (1.1.10.41) on my latest MM (4.1.28.1905), but won't get anything (nothing gets Scrobbled, the only thing you can do is turn the toolbar icon red/orange/green...).

Plus the last messages on this are pretty old, both here and on the Help - so if anybody has any clue (or substitute), you are most welcome !

Thanks !
Rodo

Post by Rodo »

Utestit wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:31 am Hi,

I wondered if anybody still uses Lastfm Scrobbler ?

I have installed the latests available version (1.1.10.41) on my latest MM (4.1.28.1905), but won't get anything (nothing gets Scrobbled, the only thing you can do is turn the toolbar icon red/orange/green...).

Plus the last messages on this are pretty old, both here and on the Help - so if anybody has any clue (or substitute), you are most welcome !

Thanks !
I've just installed it and also just started using Last fm. It does not appear to be working for me either. Anyone know what to do to get it working?
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

If you haven't done so yet, you have to set the username/password in the options (Tools --> Options --> Library --> Last.fm Service) and make sure it is enabled.

The different icon colors indicate it's on and submitting (green), only caching locally (yellow), or disabled (red), I believe.

If you don't see that section in the options, you may need to restart MM after the plugin install. (Don't remember, it's been some time since I originally installed it).
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Reason that Buttons are in toolbar because unlike in MM5 MM4 implementation uses external plugin that ca't be controlled over Options.
Best regards,
Peke
Rodo

Post by Rodo »

MMJuno wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 am If you haven't done so yet, you have to set the username/password in the options (Tools --> Options --> Library --> Lastfm Service) and make sure it is enabled.

The different icon colors indicate it's on and submitting (green), only caching locally (yellow), or disabled (red), I believe.

If you don't see that section in the options, you may need to restart MM after the plugin install. (Don't remember, it's been some time since I originally installed it).
Thanks for your help. I did not realise that there were any settings that I could access. I've added my username and password and it's working now.