ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

tigers1122

Post by tigers1122 »

I installed this copy and pasted the MM3 version and nothing happens, I see the little icon and that's about it. :( What is this supposed to do?

Artist vs. Composer

Post by Guest »

I have recently updated to MM 3, and have installed this latest version of ScrobblerDJ. Overall, it's working really well. A lot better than it has in a while actually. Thanks to everyone who put in the work to update the code and make it compatible with MM3.

One problem I've noticed is that, apparently, ScrobblerDJ does not discriminate between the artist performing a particular track, and the composer of the track. For example, Jethro Tull's "Song for Jeffrey" is playing. LastFM returns Ian Anderson (lead singer of Jethro Tull) as a similar artist. ScrobblerDJ says OK and plays "Song for Jeffrey" by Jethro Tull, the exact same song from the same album. Ian Anderson is listed as the composer of this song, but the artist is Jethro Tull.

There was another instance where, after querying LastFM, ScrobblerDJ informed me that it was loading "You Win Again" by Hank Williams. But what was actually loaded was the Ray Charles version of the same song. Again, Hank Williams is listed as the composer, but not the artist.

This isn't a big problem. Actually ScrobblerDJ is working better than ever for me right now. But if anyone has a fix, let me know.
baker

Post by baker »

Hate to be negative but this script keeps adding duplicates to the playlist. Am I doing something wrong? I have it set to 4 star and above and the rest of the settings are defaults. It keeps adding the same song even though I have plenty of other 4 star tracks by the same artist and similar artists. =(

Also, I have many versions of the same song by different artists. Is there a way to avoid repeating these?
Fedaykin-

Post by Fedaykin- »

I'm getting the following error:

There was a problem querying the database:
Error executing SQL "SELECT Songs.IDArtist, Played.PlayDate FROM (Songs INNER JOIN Played ON Songs.ID = Played.IdSong) INNER JOIN Artists ON Songs.IDArtist = Artists.ID WHERE Artists.Artist Like 'Chris Daughtry' ORDER BY Played.PlayDate DESC
" : no such column: Songs.IDArtist (1, 1)

Also, as a sidenote, installing MM3 has rendered my MP4 files unplayable.

And it seems like MM3 doesn't support my Logitech MediaPlay mouse.

Any ideas?
jonp

Post by jonp »

Hi. I receive the following error when starting MM3 after installing ScrobblerDJ:

Error #429 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
ActiveX component can't create object: 'SongsDB.SDBApplication'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ScrobblerDJConfig.vbs", Line: 3, Column: 0

I installed ScrobblerDJ using the ScrobblerDJ126.exe file and then replaced the ScrobblerDJ.vbs in the Scripts directory with dressen's ScrobblerDJ.vbs file posted Dec 17, 2007.

What have I done wrong? Thanks.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means that something is blocking the script from accessing MediaMonkey - this could be an antivirus or firewall or other security software. You'll need to setup this script as an exception probably.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Fedaykin-

Post by Fedaykin- »

Still need some help here! Thanks!
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

Hi, Fedaykin.
It seems like your 2nd and 3rd questions don't have anything to do with this script, so if you want a response to them you'd be better off posting them in a more appropriate thread.

I can't help with the first question, I'm afraid.
arttwood

Post by arttwood »

I've recemtly upgraded to MM3 and have installed ScrobblerDJ according to the instructions. When I go to "confirgure" the plugin, MM3 locks up. Any suggestions?

thx
jonp

Post by jonp »

Thanks trixmoto for your suggestion. I closed/disabled all antivirus, firewall and other security software. I still get the same error.

How do I setup a script as an exception?

Along with installing the scripts, do I need to install any last.fm software or plugins?
Fedaykin-

Post by Fedaykin- »

MeMeMe wrote:Hi, Fedaykin.
It seems like your 2nd and 3rd questions don't have anything to do with this script, so if you want a response to them you'd be better off posting them in a more appropriate thread.

I can't help with the first question, I'm afraid.
Good idea, but I'm still stuck with my first problem!

Thanks!
tdt

script blocked

Post by tdt »

I am having exactly the same problem as jonp. Is it maybe windows vista related?
How to unblock?
daveeeh

Post by daveeeh »

same problem here, i think it must be vista related.
Primal-id

Post by Primal-id »

This is happening on Win Xp also. I also do not have a firewall/security program installed so this is not the cause of the error message. Looks to me like it's having a hard time pulling info from the database. Any ideas?
MonkeyBone

Post by MonkeyBone »

Could someone please help me here..

I've installed the thing that's on post 1, and I've installed the updated .vbs file on the previous page.. I have MM 3.0.1.1127..

It doesn't give me any error, like it does for others here.. and I can enter the options in the plugins -section..

But, how do I enable it? How do I make it work? How does it work? :oops:

Thanks! :)
[AMD Athlon 64 FX-60] . [Hiper Type-R 580W] . [Western Digital Raptor X] . [Lian Li PC777B]
[Hightech Excalibur Radeon x1900xtx 512 MB] . [OCZ EB DDR PC-4000 2 GB Pl.Ed. Dual Channel]
[DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR] . [Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS] . [DELL UltrasSharp 2405 FPW 24"]
3DMark05 : 11043 . 3DMark06 : 5856 . (a non-clocked system) . AudioScrobbler . Xfire . YMDb