ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Teknojnky

Re: ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Post by Teknojnky »

Dunno, although I remember the icon too, I haven't used the script in a year or more.

I might suggest you try last.fm node and enable the last.fm dj mode, it provides (in my not so humble opinion) a much smoother and accurate queue of music. The link is in my sig and after installed there should be a little AS audioscrobbler icon on the main toolbar and a last.fm node on the tree.
sa_ill

Post by sa_ill »

Whats the difference between last.fm script and the ScrobblerDJ script?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Sa_ill:

Are you referring to Big_Berny's Quick Button scriptwhich works with MM's Last.FM scrobbler plugin?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
sa_ill

Post by sa_ill »

Nyn

I have the Last.fm quick buttons script installed, plus the MM last.fm Scrobbler script installed.
I can see and use the quick buttons, but they onlly control data submission to last.fm.

What I want is the proper Scrobbler, which plays songs by looking up last.fm.
teknojnky's last.fm script worked for me by the way....works pretty good.
But now I'm just curious why the Scrobbler button of the last.fm Scrobbler script is not showing, like it did before
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thanks for the explanation, I am unfamiliar with the scrobbling and auto-dj scripts, one day I will research and decide which one(s) I would like to use. But I gave up on the MM plugin since it wasn't uploading my true playcounts within MM.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script does not have a button, it just fires when you play the last track in your library, if I recall correctly. It is an old script though so I imagine some of the newer ones are more likely to work correctly with the latest MM version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
sa_ill

Post by sa_ill »

Yup I installed the last.fm plugin from the beta page and everything is smooth!
Thanks people!!
ThommY

Post by ThommY »

Hey guys
I would like to tst this plugin but i got an error.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2406/mmerror.png

The First german Text means: An error occured on daabase query

i am Usering Mediamonkey 3.07.xxxx
someone an idea?
Peke

Post by Peke »

This plugin do not work with MM 3.x See last.fm DJ from beta forum and or if I remember correctly last.fm node script have Auto-DJ functionality.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pietzke

Post by pietzke »

As far as I found out, the last.fm node script from Teknojnky is the only script adding tracks to playlist based on last.fm that works with MM 3.1.
Neither ScrobblerDJ v1.26 nor the last.fm auto-dj work with a current version of MM.
billy guest

Post by billy guest »

Let me say, yes I am old fashioned and still use MM2...

Anyway I have used scrobblerDJ for several years. But suddenly it has stopped working correctly. I am a bit baffled by this, and sad! About 80-90 percent of the time now, i get the response "could not locate artist on Last.FM, loading from default playlist". This happens with artists that are certainly on Last.FM such as the Beatles or Radiohead. Sometimes it occurs where the script queries last.fm twice in a row with the same artist, the first time it fails and the second time it might be a success.

I checked the Log file and it actually does find the artist on lastFM but then fails at this point after transferring the the XML data into a dictionary:
** ParseXML detected an empty dictionary. ParseXML will return E1 and exit

any thoughts on what is going on?
bramos

Post by bramos »

billy guest wrote:Let me say, yes I am old fashioned and still use MM2...

Anyway I have used scrobblerDJ for several years. But suddenly it has stopped working correctly. I am a bit baffled by this, and sad! About 80-90 percent of the time now, i get the response "could not locate artist on Last.FM, loading from default playlist". This happens with artists that are certainly on Last.FM such as the Beatles or Radiohead. Sometimes it occurs where the script queries last.fm twice in a row with the same artist, the first time it fails and the second time it might be a success.

I checked the Log file and it actually does find the artist on lastFM but then fails at this point after transferring the the XML data into a dictionary:

+1, I got the same problem (MM 3.2.0). (If anybody else already mentioned this, I apologize for raising the question again, but I didn't read through all 56 pages.)
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

if I recall correctly, empty dictionary means last.fm did not return any/any usable results

if your running 3.2, you might try last.fm nodes, the dj mode provides the same as scrobbler dj
gstevens

Post by gstevens »

bramos wrote:
billy guest wrote:Let me say, yes I am old fashioned and still use MM2...

+1, I got the same problem (MM 3.2.0). (If anybody else already mentioned this, I apologize for raising the question again, but I didn't read through all 56 pages.)
Same issue here - Using MediaMonkey Last.FM DJ though.
diryde

Post by diryde »

Same issue...using latest MM 3.2.2.1300, refuses to install, gives no reason.