ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

EyeChartBrew

RE: A little frustrated.... (a litle help pls?)

Post by EyeChartBrew »

Bex wrote:@EyeChartBrew
But I get nothing, zero, nada. Songs play one after another, as if the ScobblerDJ wasn't there at all.
It's only when you play the last song in the now playing window that the script adds a song.

/Bex
Ahhhh, *now* I get it. I knew I was missing something right-in-front-of-my-face... ;)

Working fine -- a very cool script, indeed. Thanks much Bex!
Cheers,
//TB
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

EyeChartBrew...
Have you checked what Bex sayed? This script only works when the playback of the last track in the now playing list starts...

EDIT...
EyeChartBrew you were faster... :lol:
Bex

Re: RE: A little frustrated.... (a litle help pls?)

Post by Bex »

EyeChartBrew wrote:
Working fine -- a very cool script, indeed. Thanks much Bex!
Cheers,
//TB
Yes, very cool script indeed! But you have to thank the great psyxonova for the script, not me!

But thanks anyway.
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
kulivontot

Post by kulivontot »

tarasis wrote:Despite the fact I had 36 Julian Nott tracks and that one wasn't recommended by Last.fm, it picked the same track. It was like the script didn't vary its random seed. So each time the script was called the first time Rnd would be used it would have the same value. (certainly true in some programming languages where Random in reality is only psuedo random)
Is this issue due to Mediamonkey's random song generation? The reason I switched to Scrobbler DJ in the first place is because mediamonkey's auto-dj would keep picking the same songs over and over. Is there a better random-number generator we can use?
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

kulivontot wrote:
tarasis wrote:Despite the fact I had 36 Julian Nott tracks and that one wasn't recommended by Last.fm, it picked the same track. It was like the script didn't vary its random seed. So each time the script was called the first time Rnd would be used it would have the same value.
Is this issue due to Mediamonkey's random song generation? The reason I switched to Scrobbler DJ in the first place is because mediamonkey's auto-dj would keep picking the same songs over and over.
OK, just to clear thinks out...
ScrobblerDJ doesn't always pick up songs randomly. Now, from what i can see from tarasis's post it seems like that ScrobblerDJ couldn't find any of the Julian Nott's top tracks (according to Last.FM) on his computer. In that case ScrobblerDJ picks up the most high rated track of the artist and plays it. If all are rated the same is goes alphabetically. So, in this case there is no random selection. When i first code it that way it seemed like a good choise but i now believe it is wrong. It will be fixed.
As for the random generator, it has nothing to do with the built in AutoDJ feature. ScrobblerDj and AutoDJ are two completely different things!!!

BTW, thanks for your good words...

Post by Guest »

Works like a treat, thanks for this very cool and very useful plugin!
Peke

Post by Peke »

:lol: :roll: 8) :roll: 8) :wink: :roll: 8) I Have one supprise for Psyxonova :wink: :roll: :roll: :wink: So when he got review on it my best Guess is that v1.2 will be out. Oups :oops: :oops: :oops: I should not say that. 8) :roll: or should I, anyway we will see what will happen when he opens mail today.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
brianon

Post by brianon »

Not sure if this has been suggested but maybe a single-artist mode could be supported.
Say you have every R.E.M. album. You could start ScrobblerDJ in Single Artist mode. It could play REM only tracks based on lastFMs top REM tracks.

So when in Single Artist mode it might be configurable to play say X nbr of tracks from current artist (picking X songs from lastFM) and then to pick a new artist (using lastFM) and play X songs from that artist and so on...

Might be cool. So you start off with 5 REM classics followed by 5 U2 classics followed by etc...

I guess its just that ScrobblerDJ would play 1 or more tracks from an artist before getting a new artist instead of currently always getting just one track and then moving to the next artist.
psyXonova

New ScrobblerDJ version (1.2)

Post by psyXonova »

As Peke allready mentioned, his improvements to ScrobblerDJ were enough to make me post a new version 1.2
Version 1.2
Changes/Additions
  1. Options Dialog
    No more ScrobblerDJ.vbs editing. Peke had made an option sheet Under Tools>Options>Player>SrcobblerDJ !!COOL!!!
  2. Addition of Icon on Standard toolbar
    No need to go inside Scripts menu to enable AutoDJ. Peke has made icons and put then inside standard toolbar. Now you can check the status of scrobblerDj at one glance and enable / disable it with one click!!!
  3. Automatic handling of player settings
    Since the new version of MM supports it, ScrobblerDj will turn AutoDJ, Shuffle and Repeat Off everytime it is enabled (since all this are required for the script to run correctly)
  4. Fixed: Errors occur if the default playlist doesn't exists
    ScrobblerDJ will now warn you if the default playlists doenst exists

IMPORTANT NOTE

I recommend to all users upgrading from 1.1 to remove all scrobblerDJ entries from scripts.ini before proceeding with the installation
Also, upgrade to the latest MM beta (2.5.2.947) before installing

A bug occured so a bug fixing version (1.21) has been released here
Last edited by psyXonova on Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I am getting the following error at startup:

Error #13 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Type mismatch: 'Cint'
File:"J:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\scrobblerdj.vbs", line: 25, column: 1

I did remove both of the scrobbler dj entries from scripts ini and removed the original 1.1 script before installing it from the installer linked above.

And I am running the RC-1 release posted in the beta forum.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

As further note, I have an autoexec script which starts play automatically.

SDB.Player.Play

If I disable the autoplay, then I do not get the error.

The google art script also has a minor issue with this 'autoplay'.

edit: another note to say, I did NOT get this error prior to updating to 1.2 version.

edit again:

as soon as started playing, I got the same error again
Peke

Post by Peke »

Will look into it tonight. Psy will possibly update v1.2 tomorow morning.
Best regards,
Pavle

Post by Guest »

Teknojnky wrote:I am getting the following error at startup:

Error #13 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Type mismatch: 'Cint'
File:"J:\program files\mediamonkey\scripts\scrobblerdj.vbs", line: 25, column: 1

I did remove both of the scrobbler dj entries from scripts ini and removed the original 1.1 script before installing it from the installer linked above.

And I am running the RC-1 release posted in the beta forum.
I had the same problem until I realized that you have to change your playlist that the scrobblerdj uses to a playlist that actually exists (default is top 50).

Just go to tools/options/scrobblerdj and change it.

Oh, and thanks to the creaters of this wonderful script.
0rca

Language

Post by 0rca »

This can also be a language problem, as automated playlists seem to have localised names if you run MM e.g. in german.
So somehow the warning that no playlist exist doesn´t work 100%.

Anyway, what a wonderful script!! Suddenly collecting large music libraries makes a completely new sense... :-)

Rgds,

0rca
Peke

Post by Peke »

Than you for locating the problem :)
Yes Indead is ScrobblerDJ Do Not Find list that exists taht error occures :)

If Psy Do not fix it before I do I'll make that work.

Edit: I have made some Fixes and posted tu Psy for Update I'm hoping that those fixes will solve Initial problem.
Best regards,
Pavle