Scripting Functionality Thread (NO Script Requests Here!)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Fellow scripters/coders/...: Do you feel the need for a wishlist for enhanced scripting functionality?

You may select 1 option

View results

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Maybe a function to list/enumerate all menu subitems, so it would become possible to dynamically hide them.
Currently I don't need this directly, as I keep my own menu items in the Objects array for later use, but this might be handy though. (e.g. to hide unwanted menu items, like this can be done with nodes)

Other question: If a hidden menu item gets re-added, does the existing hidden item come visible then, or does it stay invisible and is a new item added?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
diablod

SDBSongMetadata collection

Post by diablod »

My wish is to have an object which is a collection of the metadata from a song file. Perhaps this implies the db is enhanced to hold a widerset of metadata than today.

For example, I could in pseudo-code

if type=mp3 then
myVar = SDBSongMetadata("TIT1")
else if type=WMA then
myVar = SDBSongMetadata("WM/ContentGroupDescription")

Being able to access the media file's metadata in a collection indexed by number or a string parameter is far more flexible and can allow for rich tag manipulation and extensions.

Sorry, I misposted earlier by pressing new vs. reply.
tj_junk

Run "Auto-Organize" or "Tag from Filename&quo

Post by tj_junk »

I would like to be able to run "Auto-Organize" or "Tag from Filename" within a script.
--------------------------------------------------------
For example, I use a "Title Case & Replace" script that formats certain tags to my own personal standard.

I would like to be able to call "Auto-Organize" at the end of the script.

--------------------------------------------------------
Or, I may want a second script that does "Tag from Filename", followed by my "Title Case & Replace" script.

Can I do that?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I think a MediaMonkey'ed replacement for the "web page based track changes preview" (as used in Case Checker, and several other scripts) would be nice.
As I see it, a script would call a built-in window with a listview (like Auto-Organise and Auto-Tag from Filename) and give it a "current" and a "new" list (of songs) as input.
In the dialog, the user would see the changes marked in yellow (differences between "current" and "new"/"result"), and would be able to change the results.
When the user clicks OK to accept and close the dialog, the script would get a "result" list of songs back.
With these results, songs could be renamed or maybe something else could be done, within the calling script.

So basically, I want to say that tj_junk is not the only one with such idea. 8)

It would be a nice thing to have, but it's certainly not "urgent" as I see it.
It would make the preview functionality/code in tag-changing scripts *much* cleaner (most such scripts contain 90% standard preview code, and only about 10% of real programming!) and adaptable (let the user show the columns he/she wants), _and_ the results can actually be modified too.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Thought about this a long time ago, but now finnaly really pushing the "submit" button...

I would like it to be possible to change MediaMonkey's INI configuration settings, while MediaMonkey is running, and in such a way that MediaMonkey doesn't simply overwrite those changes when it shuts down.
Maybe this would be possible with an exta ISDBIniFile.StringValue method that would apply the changes directly to MediaMonkey's instance too (so updating MM's internal loaded variables).

This would make it possible to:
Make a lost internal player visible again
Clear history lists, mask lists, ...
.. and other things that aren't directly accessible through MM.

This would allow us to make those changes with a script (or "advanced" options panel) within MediaMonkey. For most changes, probably MM would have to be restarted for changes to take effect.

But it would probably be more useful and easier for everyone (both dev's and scripters) if these "advanced" options were available through a built-in options panel. So I'm sorry if I should've posted this in the normal wishlist forum.

Cheers
Steegy
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I would like to have the "Open Playlist" and "Save Playlist" dialogs available via script.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

As last mentioned here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4117#44117 (beginning toughts)

I would like a "Scripts" main node in the options dialog. Scripts with a lot to configure can then add a new panel as subnode (with the available "scripts node" reference & id).
Scripts with less configuration (like only one line), on/off, ... could be added on one (the main) panel (that is scrollable, or that can span multiple panels).

I tried to do this manually, but it seems impossible.
- The new event mechanism doesn't work for AddOptionsSheet. Does this mechanism offer the ability to add more than one event handling method to the event?
- The AddOptionsSheet function doesn't allow event handling method to reside in a Windows Script Component (wsc file). WSC's can easily be used to provide such functionality, as they can let other scripts and programs attach to a specific event. But it seems that the WSC itself can't get the event from MM.

The easiest&good would be a fixed "scripts" options panel with available reference.
- Scripts could add subnodes (panels) to that one (like can be done right now) if they have a lot to configure.
- Smaller scripts (or just scripts with little things to configure) would get a part of the panel available to add options, or they could get the reference of the complete panel with a value where (on what Y-position) they can start adding the options. At the end, they would have to report the last Y-position they used (or something like that).
So basicly, such a "smaller script" could subscribe to the main script panel's "Init" and "Save" events on script StartUp. The event handling methods would then be called for all associated scripts, so they can add their own options.

The easiest thing (all scripts adding their panel) is obviously the easiest way, but it's far from nice. The options panel would get overcrowded. And script panels with only one configuration line would be strange to see of course.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks
Steegy

Post by Guest »

100% behind this idea, Steegy.

I'd like to be able to click on the "Scripts" node and see a sheet in the right-hand pane which would list all installed scripts sub-headed:

"Auto Scripts"

"Other Scripts"

Each script would have it's own sub-node with relevant options.

Once more advanced Script Management functionality becomes available, then individual scripts could be enabled/disabled (in which case, the sub-node options would be greyed out) via check boxes.

In future this area could be the platform for installing/uninstalling scripts as well.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The SDBUIButton object can be created with an & in the caption, which assigns it an accelerator. However, "E&xit" should assign an accelerator of Alt+X but just pressing the X key by itself triggers the button. Can this be fixed?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Why would you like to fix this? It's a standard Windows behaviour.

Jiri
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Jiri, the accelerator keys function *WITHOUT* the ALT key.

This prevents typing into search forms and other fields.

Trix's Google Art Finder script is good example, if you search for an art, wait for it to load the image, then press the <backspace> key, you can manually refine the search terms... however if you type one of the accelerator letters *without* the ALT, it still activates the button.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I'm not sure if anyone asked this already, so sorry if this is a double.

Could the icons in MediaMonkey be centralised, so a script can use *all* icons, no matter if it's a toolbar button, a menu item, a tree node, ... ?
Internally, e.g. the tree nodes already use icons from the toolbars. I would like to be able to do this by script too, with a central icon base.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

I'd like to be able to specify if the caption/title bar is shown for "custom" panels (property for the SDBUIPanel and SDBUITranspPanel).

Addition:
I would like to be able to dock the panels everywhere possible (e.g. above, below, left, right of the tree view _ left, right, above, below everything, ...)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Could there be an event (similar to OnTrackProperties) which would be triggered when tracks where added to the library, either by a rescan or by file monitor?

I'm also having trouble with my OnTrackProperties event because I really want it to be triggered not only when the track properties window is used, but also when a track's properties are updated by a script. Would it be possible link this with the current event, or possibly a new event?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Jiri, the accelerator keys function *WITHOUT* the ALT key.

This prevents typing into search forms and other fields.
Ok, now I see, it's specific to forms with embedded Internet Explorer control. It will work fine in the next release.

Jiri