magicnode genre question

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Unlord

magicnode genre question

Post by Unlord »

This is a restatement of a question i asked in the magic nodes post, but theres been no response there and i think they want to start a new thread or whatnot since that one has gotten so big and cluttered, so ill try asking it here.
Ive recently started using MM and MN, and i have looked around on the
forums to see if anyone else has tried to do this, but icant find anything. ive been using http://www.allmusic.com to get styles and moods for my music, and i put the list they have in my custom 1 and custom2 fields, ie
custom1: Thrash, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Speed Metal
custom2: Epic, Suffocating, Fierce, Crunchy, Thuggish, Rambunctious, Menacing, Earnest, Angry, Uncompromising, Tense/Anxious, Searching, Nihilistic, Hostile, Gritty, Gloomy, Bitter, Fiery, Intense, Theatrical, Cerebral
i would like a node that would sort by all the values in a field. for example, if album1 is listed as heavy metal and thrash, and album2 is listed as heavy metal and speed metal, id want a node structure such as:
-Styles
---Heavy Metal
------album1
------album2
---Speed Metal
------album2
---Thrash
------album1
i know i can achieve this with autoplaylists, but i dont have the gold version atm, and it would be tedious to have to enter all the values manually, espicially for the mood values. also, i have seen that other people have used RightOf and LeftOf to get somewhat similar results to this, but that dosent seem to be able to put albums in multiple styles or moods. please correct me if im wrong there, and one of the already mentioned solutions would work. Id like to know if this is possible with MN, and if so, how :p
ive thought about it a bit more, and it seems it might require some recursion, and i dont know if MN is capable of that.

Thanks