Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

markessa wrote:Is there a way to add the art from album tracks with art tags to tracks in the same album that do not have any art tags currently?
You can already do this natively in MM. Bring up the properties window for the track with art, then go to the album art tab and "Apply to all tracks on album"
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

I just recently tried to extract all my art to a central folder and noticed 2 things.

First, extracting without deleting the image updates the database. Not sure but this seems like odd behavior. The tracks aren't changing at all, yet something is being updated...

Second, when extracting art, if an album has 20 tracks, the art is extracted 20 times (with 20 tag/db updates as mentioned above) and overwriting each other. At least it seems this way.

It was never an issue when doing this a few albums at a time, however, doing this with a library of 56k+ tracks, it is a very very long process.

Can this be streamlined? For example, extracting one image per album or some type of conditional that checks to see if the extract location is the same, therefore it skips the other extracts? (just throwing ideas around)

The only issue I foresee with extracting one image per album is when you might have a multi artist compilation album and you attempt to do an extract to the album folder, as opposed to some common central folder. If your tracks are organized like mine, each artist has a folder for that album and each would need its own extracted art.

I hope this all makes sense and isn't too confusing understand.

Thanks for reading.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

1) I have just fixed this issue in the next release.

2) This is not the case - as the script runs it remembers the filename of every image file it creates and will not write this file again during the run. You should see this on the confirmation screen because duplicate files are highlighted in blue.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Thanks for the update! Anything on flac file issues?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I'm testing all the options with my flac files and I can't find any issues. What version of MM are you using? Can you give me one specific example where you flac files don't work as expected?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Well, I've already posted tons of examples in the BAF area for BAF. I hope they are specific enough.

I'm using MM 303 - 1179. My Flac files are 1.2.1 created by EAC (Exact Audio Copy).

BAF is the primary problem. The stuff just 'doesn't stick'. If you cannot duplicate, I will try one more time to go beyond what I wrote in the other thread for description purposes. I gave up on BAF and started using the albumartfinder which works for me. (And also started doing lots of individual searches).

As for Album Art Tagger, that TENDS to work a bit better, but still some problems. So, check out what I wrote (about both) in the BAF thread, and if you have questions - I'll go do it one more time.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Although this is redundant given it is in the BAF thread on 5/26, I thought I'd post it here anyway:

Note - my flac files are on an external drive (but still local to the computer) - so that shouldn't matter.

--------------------

Another update, given the extremely helpful tip of Clearing the check box in Options/Library/Scan Track Directories for Album Art provided in the Album Art Tagger thread.

That cleared away a lot of extra album art tags that appeared due to Mediamonkey, and lowered the obfuscation level.

Now, here is what BAF and AAT do with flac files. I'm posting this as I have the luxury of totally clearing my library (even with 22,000 songs) because I'm not a real nut over having number of times played preserved.

BAF - FOR FLAC FILES

Set to "Tag Only (delete file)"
No tag is placed into the files
I then did an add/rescan: No tag was in the file
The artwork IS in the folder and is NOT deleted.

I changed it to "Tag only" (without delete file)
Immediate response upon initiating script: "No Albums with Missing Artwork".

I then CLEARED THE LIBRARY - to get rid of that issue. Then Add/Rescan.
No album art is in the file.
(BAF no longer thinks it is, either)

I then switched to AAT to finish the job (since BAF at least grabs the artwork for me for multiple albums)

Tell AAT to "embed image (mask to tag) for selected albums.
It seems to think it did the job (finds artwork fine, offers to add, and it appears a update tag marker at the bottom briefly flashes by)
The FIRST track I look at has Album Art, with "Added by Trixmoto's AAT script" - but the main album art picture has no artwork.
I look at other tracks - No Album art is in the tfile.
I look at the one I 'knew had art' - No album art is in the file.
I then Add/Rescan: No album art is in the files.
I then CLEAR LIBRARY and Add/Rescan - No album art is in the files.

This is frustrating, so I DO THIS AGAIN.
AAT seems to happily do its thing.
I look at 5-8 tracks - They all have artwork.
I come back to this message and type more.
I go back and look at more tracks - some have artwork, some do not.
I do an add/rescan.
NONE of the files have artwork.
I don't bother to CLEAR library this time.

I go to a single album and right click on add image. It brings up the file that BAF found, and I say to add it to the tag of all tracks.
This time the "tracks to be tagged" comes up and stays for a while, long enough to watch the number fall to zero.

I add/rescan and it is sticky - all files stay tagged.

So, I can still - use BAF to grab lots of pictures, save to album folders, then use mediamonkey to one-by-one add the images to the tags for flac files.

As I said before, this is NOT exhibited for mp3 files.

I hope this helps and this appears to be much clearer given the find album art check box is unchecked now.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for great scripts.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Embedding images into FLAC files works fine for me using the latest beta version. I embed them - they're there, I restart MM - they're still there. I've tried tags and linked and both, all working fine. Maybe there is something wrong with your FLAC files themselves?
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Well, possibly - I used Flac 1.2.1 with EAC on about 17,000 files. They play fine, and if I add art from MediaMonkey directly, it works like a charm. It also works from the other art tagger.

It's only AAT and BAF where I've had intermittent problems.

Maybe 1179 fixed things - I'll check one more time. It failed for me from 1177 and earlier with all the symptoms I indicated.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.2) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed library now only updated if changes made
- Added option to keep aspect ratio when resizing image
- Added option to restore defaults
- Fixed embedding in both not working
- Fixed access violation errors

I've fully tested this with a few FLAC files and I can't find anything which doesn't work - but I've not done anything specific to fix FLAC files.
snacks

Post by snacks »

trixmoto wrote:If you get a "no missing artwork" message then this means that the tracks selected already have artwork. If you get messages about the MSInet component then this means that the DLL used to download the images is failing to be installed automatically. You should do this manually using the windows program "regsvr32".
Hey Trix, sorry to bug you (and love your scripts, thanks for the hard work) but I'm getting "MSInet component error" and being the novice that I am don't know what DLL I need to install? Can you tell me which one it is?

Thanks, and if this is a stupid question I apologize,
Snacks
snacks

Post by snacks »

snacks wrote:
trixmoto wrote:If you get a "no missing artwork" message then this means that the tracks selected already have artwork. If you get messages about the MSInet component then this means that the DLL used to download the images is failing to be installed automatically. You should do this manually using the windows program "regsvr32".
Hey Trix, sorry to bug you (and love your scripts, thanks for the hard work) but I'm getting "MSInet component error" and being the novice that I am don't know what DLL I need to install? Can you tell me which one it is?

Thanks, and if this is a stupid question I apologize,
Snacks
Just found the page with solutions for this and am trying them! Fingers crossed.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think you meant to post these in the "Batch Art Finder" script thread - this script does not use that component.

Post by Guest »

trixmoto wrote:I think you meant to post these in the "Batch Art Finder" script thread - this script does not use that component.
Oops, you're right.. thanks again.
sommo

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.2 [MM2+3]

Post by sommo »

I would just like to say a thank you trixmoto, for this addon!
This is one of the reason why I use MediaMonkey!
It is really helpful and I do use it :)
Keep up the good work & Happy coding!