Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Post by trixmoto »

This script can be used to perform a number of different artwork tagging related processes:

01. Extract artwork (copy from tag to mask)
02. Embed artwork (copy from mask to tag)
03. Remove artwork (delete from tag)
04. Extract artwork and resize external image
05. Remove artwork not matching storage
06. Remove artwork not matching size
07. Remove artwork which is invalid
08. Remove artwork except first image
09. Assign a front cover image
10. Set artwork description of images
11. Embed artwork (convert link to tag)
12. Rename linked artwork to folder.jpg
13. Rename linked artwork to mask
14. Edit images one by one (no confirmation)
15. Remove artwork not matching cover type
16. Make front cover the first image

(Unfortunately the code is now too big to post!)
Last edited by trixmoto on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:50 am, edited 17 times in total.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
smiller

Post by smiller »

Well, this is amazing. I came here today intending to post a script request for this very function, and here it is waiting! Thanks trixmoto.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There actually should be a post with code from Jiri and a post with code from me somewhere around the forum. Jiri posted the concept, I posted a version to work with WebMonkey.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

Nice! It works, but I did have an issue when I selected multiple tracks from an album. It deleted the pic from the files & I had to re-tag from Amazon. Hrmmm....
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

OK...it was my fault. If you don't have the images already in the tag for ALL the tracks...it adds a blank image entry into the tag.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

Sorry...1 last thing. I can get the script to work with linked files (ie, all of my FLAC files). It would be nice if the linked location of the image was updated to where the script just copied the new image file to. :wink:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean Tylast, primarily because I haven't really played with the album art much.

Do you mean you want the external link added as a new image, or the external link added to the internal image?
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

FLACs can not have an embeded Image file. Your script reads the link to the current image file & writes a new one with the mask I setup. Can you have the tag link to the new image? Currently, the link is not changed. So, the tag is pointing to the old image (the one without the mask).

For files that have embeded images, it works fine.

Thanks, Ty
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (2.0) uses the track artwork instead of the album artwork and updates the link when exporting (thanks for pointing this out Tylast). Also the reverse option is now available (file to tag).

:o NEW CODE BELOW :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
teemac

AlbumArtTagger question

Post by teemac »

trixmoto - I have just found your albumarttagger script - I think it is exactly what I am looking for.

If I understand correctly what it does is: adds "folder.jpg" to the actual music (mp3) file. This should make the file bigger?

I have set up a test set of MP3 files - ZZ-Top with 10 sub folders holding different albums. Each album folder has a gfx file called "folder.jpg" in it.

I start monkey and scan the test set of folders - do a search and display the files - each one under properties/art shows the existing "folder.jpg".

I select this set of files (110) and I then run your script from tools/scripts/artretagger - select file to tag. After the bottom line in monkey finishes updating tags, I right click a single file /properties/art and it shows the original "folder.jpg" and an extra BLANK entry with no gfx - marked "added by trixmoto albumarttagger etc."

If I remove the original "folder.jpg" from each folder, monkey does not show any album art. If I look at the files in Tag&Rename, they are marked as having album art but no image is shown. Also the file sizes have not changed significantly (a few have increased 1kb in size).

I think it has something to do with the file mask mentioned to be changed in your script, but I cannot understand what to do.

Can you explain it a bit clearer for this dumby please. Thank you for your time.

teemac (Australia)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The FileMask is only used in the "Tag -> File" mode.

Not sure why this isn't working for you. What do you mean "gfx file"? The extension is correct so I don't think it's the image itself.

Are the images hidden or read-only? Maybe this could be a problem. :-?
smiller

Post by smiller »

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as teemac. When attempting to add an image file (named 'folder.jpg', not hidden or read-only, and a valid image file that can be successfully embedded manually by MediaMonkey) to a track with the script I get an empty image file embedded in the track.
teemac

AlbumArtTagger

Post by teemac »

trixmoto - thanks for replying.

The "gfx" I mentioned is just shortened notation for "Grafix", not a special format or anything else.

All images are valid, not marked hidden or system. They can be viewed with several grafix programs including showing as thumbnails in Windows XP Pro.

Every "folder.jpg" image in each album folder can be injected into the MP3 file manually by Monkey, but only places a blank image if using your script. (Exactly the same as 'smiller' in the above post').

XP is fully patched to date, Norton Antivirus is turned off (so vbs scripts work) and all other programs other than monkey turned off or disabled.

My system is AMD3500 64bit, 1gb ram, 2x 200gb HDD, 2x Liteon DVDRW/CDRW and floppies etc - machine is not the problem.

All other scripts I use - Magic Node (none autostarting until I need them) and the standard scripts with monkey, all work OK.

I used your AlbumArtTagger v2.0 from your site, installed and removed it several times, but with no luck.

Any other suggestions? Thank you for trying to help me.

teemac (Australia)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I will post a link to a debug install here in a minute...

Can you please download this debug version, select just one file, and email the messages to me.

http://trixmoto.net/files/AlbumArtTagger20debug.exe

smiller

Post by smiller »

When I run the debug version of the script and use it to try to attach an image file to a track I get a popup titled 'VBscript', containing the message 'type=Winamp media file'. When I click 'OK' (had to do it several times) I receive another popup with the message 'pics= path=', and clicking OK in that box results in no more messages. End result is as before, a blank image is attached to the track file.