Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.2 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

@Kilmatead - easier said than done to make all the fields not case sensitive whilst not changing the case of any of the text in the mask. I'll see what I can do though, that's not going to affect performance greatly. I'll take a look at adding a new process for image editing as well, as you have suggested.

@Sherv - the script is just calling an access method here to update the database. The best course of action might be to create a debug logfile (see the Bugs section of the forum) and email it to support [at] mediamonkey [dot] com, and maybe copy me in as well.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Sherv

Post by Sherv »

Thanks Trixmoto, I shall do just that!
Orbital-Cortex

Post by Orbital-Cortex »

Trix,

do you think it might be possible to batch tag songs with image links using a customizable scenario?

Let me explain how my album art is organized: I named all my image files using the same method.
Artist name – Album name – Cover.jpg
Artist name – Album name – Inside 1.jpg
Artist name – Album name – Inside 2.jpg
Artist name – Album name – Inside ….jpg
Artist name – Album name – Back 1.jpg
Artist name – Album name – Back 2.jpg
(Sometimes just Artist name – Album name – Back.jpg if there’s only one side at the back of the cd)

Now would it be possible to design the tagger so that it goes through the same loop for every album separately? First het tags the cover, then he checks for inside images, 1,2,3, till he finds no more, then he jumps to back.jpg, if he doesn’t find such image, he jumps to back 1, then back 2. When he finds nothing else to be tagged for this album, he jumps to the next album repeating the same procedure.

What do you think about it?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well this is incredibly specific, I can't see this becoming a new script mode.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
DazB

Post by DazB »

Hi,
trixmoto wrote:Well this is incredibly specific, I can't see this becoming a new script mode.
I use something even more specific - it has different resolutions for each image :o

Daz
Orbital-Cortex

Post by Orbital-Cortex »

trixmoto wrote:Well this is incredibly specific, I can't see this becoming a new script mode.
Why not? If you let the users specify in which sequence and folder the script has to look for the images, there shouldn't be any major problem. Or is it more complicated than that?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I meant your filenames are very specific - how would the user specify all the names, in order, and which image type they correspond to?
Orbital-Cortex

Post by Orbital-Cortex »

Well, you let the user specify what sequence the tagger has to append the images. Example:

Artist name – Album name – Cover.jpg
There is onyl one cover per CD so no need for loops here.
Image type = Front

Artist name – Album name – Inside X.jpg
You let the user set the X value himself, in my case being 1-infinite. Might as well be a-z.
The script will be looking for all the X values corresponding to the Artist name – Album name file names. When finished he jumps to the next user-defined sequence.
Image type = Leaflet

Artist name – Album name – Back X.jpg
The same with the back images.

The nice thing would be to give the choice to the user about the sequence, I gave three here but I can imagine there are others who use a more complex classification.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I'll see what I can do.
Kilmatead

Post by Kilmatead »

trixmoto wrote:(...a month ago...) I'll see what I can do.
Penny for your thoughts, gov'nor? No flooding in England this summer, but unemployment is rising, so save drowning, people have more time on their hands.

Any progress on the editor spawning idea?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It's on my list, that's all I can say. :)
weeze68dt

Post by weeze68dt »

I've been using quite a few of the Trixmoto scripts and love the flexibility that they add to Media Monkey. I have been experiencing a problem with Album Art Tagger 4.2 though, and I already saw this same error mentioned earlier in the forum but didn't see a fix. My problem occurs when I select multiple files (approx 1000) and choose to "Remove artwork which is invalid." The script builds the confirmation list perfectly, but once I click OK and it begins to actually process the files, about 80 percent of the time it fails.
I am greeted with an error prompt that lists Error # 2147418113 File "......AlbumArtTagger.vbs", Line: 982, Column: 8
After I click OK on that prompt, I get another one that informs me that a Catastrophic Failure happened during script execution.

I am using Media Monkey 3.0.4.1185 on Windows Vista.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'll take a look and see about fixing this in the next version.
lostphil

Post by lostphil »

I'm wondering if someone can help...

I keep all of my art as a cover.jpg file in the folder of the album. However, I opened Windows Media Player 11 not so long ago and this added 2 extra covers for all of my albums (both of poor quality), linked to every file. I wouldn't mind so much if MM defaulted to the best quality cover, however it doesn't.

I've tried using this script to remove the covers (every cover under 250x250 pixels), ticking the "delete images" box. While this initially seems to sort it out, when I rescan music into the library, the removed covers reappear... Is there any way of completely removing the covers while keeping my cover.jpg files intact? Or do I need another script/way of doing this?

**I think I might have stumbled across the solution, WMP tags the art as hidden so MM will not touch it. Will try again later**
weeze68dt

Post by weeze68dt »

I just dealt with this problem. First, you'll need to stop Windows Media Player from writing those files by going into the Library tab of the options menu and unchecking Retrieve Additional Information From The Internet. After that, you'll need to set your computer to show Hidden and System files because many of the AlbumArtSmall.jpg and similar files that Media Player creates are hidden. Then do a search within your music directory for AlbumArt or *.jpg and delete all the additional files that you don't want. For me, everything that wasn't named folder.jpg was deleted. Once the extra images are gone you will need to use this AlbumArtTagger script to clean up the tags in Media Monkey with the remove artwork which is invalid function.