Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

AWD_Guy

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.2 [MM2+3]

Post by AWD_Guy »

Something very strange is going on.
MM 3.1.0.1242, AAT 4.2 on XP as admin

Using "02. Embed artwork (copy from mask to tag)"
and <path>\folder or <path>\<album>

the confirmation screen shows no matches and the <path> has dashes in place of all but the first "\"

c:\folder1-folder2-folder3
not
c:\folder1\folder2\folder3

valid folder.jpg and <album>.jpg files exist and no tags are embedded.

Something appears to be up with whatever is returning the value for <path>
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means that in your "MediaMonkey.ini" file you have in your [FilenameMappings] section an entry like of "5C=2D". Removing this should give you the results you expect.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
AWD_Guy

Post by AWD_Guy »

That was it, thanks.
steviegt

Post by steviegt »

This is for nohitter151, trixmototo or anyone else who may want to chime in.

nohitter151 text from a reply to my post under another topic:
Select all tracks, then Tools | Scripts | Album art tagger.
In the appearing box, choose Option 1. I'd leave all the options as they are except to change the 85% to 100%.
After that, you can select all tracks again and clear the tags.
Then, run Album art tagger again, but this time choose Option 2. Again leave the options as they are, and you're set.
I turned to this script first thing when I started this. The issue I had was getting AAT to recognize multiple files. No matter how many files I selected, or all files selected using select all in the library, AAT would only work the 1st selected file. It also gave it a generic name of album.jpg or --album.jpg.

What is it I need to do to get AAT to run all files in 1 operation and give each file a unique name?

Don't I have to add a path and a filename? I tried C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\Album Art\*.* and C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\Album Art\ . Both times it went to the folder okay but with the generic name and only 1 file worked.

Based on the above path example, how should that path look and how should it look so it works with multiple files in 1 operation?

Will option 1 run the files in order so I won't have an issue when running option 2 to restore the album art in the same order?

Thanks to all for you help. Mucho appreciated.
Last edited by steviegt on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMW Gold Lifetime v4.1.21.11875
MM Pro Android v1.3.2.0824
Windows Home 10.0.17134.228 64-bit Build 1803
MS Edge

Next to MediaMonkey, the best program available: Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/

"Being mean to someone takes more effort than being nice to them"
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You need to actually specify the filename, something like...

C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\Album Art\folder<#>.jpg

...to give them each a number (the number on the confirmation screen) or to just export all images then try...

C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\Album Art\<*>

...These mask fields are in the tooltip for the mask field.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
danasince1979

Post by danasince1979 »

hello i m not sure what happened but i turned on the comp tonight and MM had reverted to the initial installation all of my scripts skins and settings were gone. so i ve spent the past few hours trying to get it back together and the one thing i can t get is w/album art tagger.... before i had it set up so i could extract and resize art to 300x300 and it would put that extracted art in the folder w/the mp3's and name it whatever the album was named. for example if the album is named 'stuff' i would extract and in the folder w/the tracks i would have "stuff.jpg". well now i can t figure out what i need to set the mask(s) to. the default is <path>\<album> which puts the art at the beginning of my drive and names it "drive name-artist name-album name-album name". i really don t remember it being this difficult to set up before. can someone please help me out my brain is about to implode. thanks in advance.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If only you'd looked about 4 posts up, you'd have found the answer...
trixmoto wrote:This means that in your "MediaMonkey.ini" file you have in your [FilenameMappings] section an entry like of "5C=2D". Removing this should give you the results you expect.

Post by Guest »

I have the same path problem (using dashes instead of slashes). Where do I find the MediaMonkey.ini file? I don't see it in the C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey directory. Thanks

Post by Guest »

sorry i read that and didn t realize i was having the same problem as that guy so thanks for the help that was buging the crap out of me ....

and for the guy after me i m using vista so i had to check show hidden folders and files and then the mediamonkey.ini was under users/app data/local/mediamonkey
Alterx

Post by Alterx »

I' ve tried to edit the mediamonkey.ini file to remove the "5C=2D" entry but as soon as i open Mediamonkey again, the file changes again and the entry comes back as it was before.

So i have the problem that i can't use tha <path> variable with /.

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

thank you very much for your answer :)

Bye

Andrea
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't know why editing the .ini file is not working for you, assuming that you have closed MM whilst you are doing it. I've fixed this problem in the next version though, so maybe just be patient and upgrade when I release it.
Alterx

Post by Alterx »

Thank you very much for your answer and, of course, for you efforts to make this great pieace of software more enjoiable.

:)
trixmoto

Re: Album Art Tagger 4.3 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed "Suppress" typo
- Fixed "catasrophic failure" if track is not in database
- Fixed filenames so that folder separate is never remapped
- Fixed mask fields are no longer case sensitive
- Added mask fields for image type and description
- Added generic mask field for songdata properties (ie:<.Bitrate>)
- Added option to guess image type during import
- Added option to delete files during process 11
- Added process 13 to rename external images to a mask
- Added process 14 to allow image editing
- Added extension "BMP" to extract processes (1 and 4)
- Added update server to installation package
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

trixmoto - You = "The Man!"

Another great feature full, user driven script.

Thank you.

I do have a quick question for anyone who's willing to answer, I have searched for the answer but ........

Can someone explain to me, in "The Dummies Guide to Image Tags and Linked Files" language. The benefits and differences between embedded images in tags and linked to file images for Album Art.
I am using MM in 'Network Mode' sharing the library amongst 3 to 4 computers so the network load on serving each way of showing album art would be nice to know.

Network Library and Music store have paths as \\STUDY01\Music Store (Music Files, Images if jpg files) and \\STUDY01\Music Library where MM.db is stored.
Allan
========================
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks! :D

As far as I see it the main advantage with embedded artwork is that you cannot get a broken link caused by the external file being deleted. The main advantage with linked artwork is that the image is not duplicated in each of the tracks which bloats the file size of the track and uses up extra storage space. I used to prefer linked artwork but my new mp3 player prefers embedded artwork - luckily for me I've already written the script I need to sort this out! :)