Google search Original Album and Release Date Script Request

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mis11111paul

Google search Original Album and Release Date Script Request

Post by mis11111paul »

I'm new to Media Monkey and am not tech savy enough to create my own script. I was hoping someone could possibly create a script to search Google.com and search song title and artist to pull the original album and release year information to correct my metatdata. I'm tired of going track by track and searching manually. With the other scripts I keep getting Greatest Hits and Various Artists information. I have been using google to get this information which is usually the first thing that pops up when I enter the song and artist. It is very time consuming. Thanks in advance! I'm sure if someone creates this it will make many people very happy.
MMFrLife

Re: Google search Original Album and Release Date Script Req

Post by MMFrLife »

Not really a solution, but ff you're an album collector, one thing that helps is Wikipedia discographies.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜