Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MPG wrote:Thanks for trying.

I sent them an email earlier this evening. I don't think it is even get out past my router, as i don't see any lights flashing. I did open port 1212 on the windows firewall. Are any other changes required?

MPG
Not that I know of, its always just worked for me.. Sorry...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
tap2

Post by tap2 »

most of my files have lyrics.txt
any idea of how to get minilyrics to automatically update the tag with lyrics.lrc i.e overwrite the lyrics.txt
other option is to manually delete the lyrics.txt from all the tags
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

tap2 wrote:most of my files have lyrics.txt
any idea of how to get minilyrics to automatically update the tag with lyrics.lrc i.e overwrite the lyrics.txt
other option is to manually delete the lyrics.txt from all the tags
If you downloaded the lyrics.txt with minilyrics just find your C:\Lyrics folder (or wherever you had the lyrics saved to when you downloaded them) and delete all of the txt files. After this Minilyrics will look to download the .lrc's automatically again (assuming you have the options set up for auto-lookup.)

brooklynspo

Post by brooklynspo »

I installed minilyrics and liked what I saw - got lyrics successfully - went ahead and installed Embedder - which looked fine but since then, all lyric searches have failed - seem to be experiencing connection problems:

Error Code: 10060, A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Connected FAILED, Error: 10061, No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

I tried turning my firewall off but it didn't help.

Maybe the lyric server is just down?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

The lyrics server is down right now. It seems to be down pretty often so you'll have to check a bit later. The embedder shouldn't affect anything regarding the connection status of minilyrics.

brooklynspo

MiniLyrics Server

Post by brooklynspo »

Grazie
Mookiedoi

Post by Mookiedoi »

Hello!
I know you have already addressed this problem in other posts but im confused : ( sorry
My problem... Media Monkeys embedded mini lyrics window seems to have an internal window
within the embedded mini lyrics window that will not re-adjust/align
it seems to be stuck to the top left hand corner
screenshot-1)

screenshot-2)
When it was first installed it was fine..
heres a edited screenshot of how it was, and how i would like it again...

As you can see from the screen shots i have a skin applied (Eclipse)-(By DreadM)
could that cause any problems for ML? [hope not i love this skin]
you have responded to other posts similar to mine with a code to add Code: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MiniLyrics Embedder Console.exe" reposition
(from Start > Run)
when i try this windows can not find file???
In later posts you have added.....
(Install the auto-script (vbs) and the embedder (exe) in MediaMonkey's Scripts\Auto folder, like you already did. )
soz i have no idea what this means?? nowhere that i have seen is it explained clearly. where exactly is this .exe file i need to add?? please help
(not knowing how to do this i likey why i can't fix it) :oops:

Screen Resolution 1440 x 900
Media Monkey - version - 3.0.1.11109
Mini Lyrics - version - 5.7.0.3418
Mini Lyrics Embedder - version - 1.4b
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Right click in the Minilyrics window and go to Exit. Then, go to the start menu and find Programs -> Minilyrics -> Restart Minilyrics.

If that doesn't work, try disabling the embedder, then re-enabling it (View -> Minilyrics panel).

If it still isn't working, close MediaMonkey and reinstall the embedder, then start MM again and repeat the above steps if necessary.

Mookiedoi

Post by Mookiedoi »

thanks for taking the time nohitter151 :)

I have tried, and tried again your suggestions
unfortunately no luck. :/

the ML thingy
in the embedded mini lyrics window is much bigger and wont resize

EG: if i select align lyrics at [left] in display options the lyrics will move so far left their almost impossible to get back even with the ML window undockedand and open full screen.... :-?
(it stays consistently bigger when ajusting the size of the embedded window
:-? :-?

Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Do you get the same thing if 'center' is selected?
Stop Button Freak
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Mookiedoi wrote:thanks for taking the time nohitter151 :)

I have tried, and tried again your suggestions
unfortunately no luck. :/

the ML thingy
in the embedded mini lyrics window is much bigger and wont resize

EG: if i select align lyrics at [left] in display options the lyrics will move so far left their almost impossible to get back even with the ML window undockedand and open full screen.... :-?
(it stays consistently bigger when ajusting the size of the embedded window
:-? :-?

Check that Transparency isn't enabled for Minilyrics. The Minilyrics window must not be transparent for it to be embedded correctly.

peter_h

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3]

Post by peter_h »

Just some tips for getting a clutter-free minilyrics interface that integrates with your skinned player better:

These steps will get rid of all superfluous buttons and bars. You don't need them - all options are on the Right-click. And use the keyboard arrow up/down keys to sync up the display with the sound.

1) If you've followed previous instructions, you would have installed the Embedder. See the first post if you haven't.
2) Choose View>MiniLyrics
3) Right click on MiniLyrics pane and choose Skin>Quintessential.(Colours are particularly good with the Glided skin, IMHO)
4) Right click on MiniLyrics pane and choose Skin>Have Nothing On
5) For best text quality, right click on MiniLyrics pane and choose Display Options>AntiAliasing
6) Right click on MiniLyrics pane and choose Preferences. Then...
a) Choose Lyrics Display>Background picture. Untick Use album art if possible (this prevents ugly outlined fonts; and having the incorrect previous album art under a song that has no album art)
b) If you don't like the font and text color that temporatily selecting the Quintessential player skin got you, choose Lyrics Display>Font & Color. Change the font, colors and size here.
c) If you've no use for the ML system tray icon, select None in Setup>Options>Show MiniLyrics In.

You may also want to change the default c:\Lyrics folder for downloaded lyrics in Preferences>Lyrics Download
:) Pete, from Wellington, New Zealand.

Running WinXP sp3, 2Gig memory, nVidia 8600GT video.
peterH

Post by peterH »

If people would like to contribute fairly permanent information, I've created a Wiki page for this topic, over at http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... To_Plugins. Please keep any specific troubleshooting issues just to the forum only. Thanks :)
Devineme

Post by Devineme »

Hi all,

MediaMonkey daily user and Lifetime subscriber here. Hmm.. Gotta little interesting thing to share with ya all about
Minilyrics. When I first tried Minilyrics I liked it allot. So I was writing some Delphi code one night and the idea
came upon me on to how to encode a bouncing ball display. I wrote the Minilyrics author and he liked it and even sent me
a free key. Feeling kinda guilty for getting something for nothing I spent the next three days coding a bouncing ball display
drop-in component in Delphi. It included a replacement time encoding scheme that could be used in place of the current
timing scheme Minilyrics currently uses. I sent the last final version to the MInilyrics author but he has yet to implement it. That was over 4 months ago and still has not been implemented. I told the author I would sit on this code indefinitely but it sure would be nice if Minilyrics actually implemented a bouncing ball display. After reading this DON'T go banging down the author's DOOR! Why? I don't even know if the author uses Delphi, even if he does, the routines for the display maybe using some kinda custom screen drawing routines. There maybe MANY reasons why the bouncing ball has not been added yet. You can, however, :D write him and ->KINDLY HINT<- about HOW NICE IT WOULD BE if Minilyrics had a bouncing ball display :D.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

A bouncing ball? R U kiddin? :-?

I've found the MiniLyrics developer to be very friendly and helpful (read: open for suggestions and then implementing them).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).