Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Post by nohitter151 »

m.ryan wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
m.ryan wrote:um yeah so hi again lol.
sorry i get blond moments sometimes.

so i have a problem with my embedded ML... i've been using it for years, had it on my previous laptop with the vista on it and it worked perfectly. i've switched to a new pc and windows8 downloaded the MM and ML and it was all working without a flaw for a few weeks now. not too sure when the problem started but i only noticed it today when i wanted to manually search for a lyric to a song, due to the one automatically found wasnt that perfect. so i noticed i cant ''right click'' on MM embedded window. just can't. the app is working otherwise but i cant click on it. which basically means i cant search for lyrics or change them nor the colour schemes and all that. so im just a bit annoyed by this.
i've read a few pages in this topic but i havent seen anyone reporting a similar problem or a solution to it so i thought i'd ask myself. if anyone knows what might have caused this and how to solve it? and please do keep it simple lol.
thanx for the help in advance!!!

-M
It works ok for me on Windows 8. Where are you clicking?

where i have always clicked on the minilyrics embedded panel in mediamonkey. a menu would normally appear but now nothing happens. i cant remember the menu exactly but its the basic one where you have the options to search for lyrics, preferences, floating lyrics... options and all that. the menu wont show. i cant explain it better than this ://.

p.s. it worked for me ok as well on windows 8 for like a week or so and then it just stopped. dunno why or how or exactly when.
Sorry, but I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I guess you could right-click the minilyrics tray icon instead.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
m.ryan

Post by m.ryan »

tried that.

um thnx anway. :S
Kumo

Post by Kumo »

m.ryan wrote:um yeah so hi again lol.
sorry i get blond moments sometimes.

so i have a problem with my embedded ML... i've been using it for years, had it on my previous laptop with the vista on it and it worked perfectly. i've switched to a new pc and windows8 downloaded the MM and ML and it was all working without a flaw for a few weeks now. not too sure when the problem started but i only noticed it today when i wanted to manually search for a lyric to a song, due to the one automatically found wasnt that perfect. so i noticed i cant ''right click'' on MM embedded window. just can't. the app is working otherwise but i cant click on it. which basically means i cant search for lyrics or change them nor the colour schemes and all that. so im just a bit annoyed by this.
i've read a few pages in this topic but i havent seen anyone reporting a similar problem or a solution to it so i thought i'd ask myself. if anyone knows what might have caused this and how to solve it? and please do keep it simple lol.
thanx for the help in advance!!!

-M

I've got a similar problem. I've done all the steps as described to install. At first, I've got the message that it couldn't embed Minilyrics, so I replaced the vbs script by the one provided and removed the dll. Then it seemed to work fine the first time.
Then the next day, I open Mediamonkey and I see the Minilyrics panel, but with empty screen. No (right) mouse click possible. I know that Minilyrics is running (via task manager).
When I move the panel outside it's usual location and drag the borders for a wider screen, I see the Minilyrics suddenly appear, but only partial (mean it's shifted to the side and part is off the visible window. Even right clicking in the visible part, I can't do any action (no menu appears).

Any ideas?
Kumo

Post by Kumo »

Kumo wrote: I've got a similar problem. I've done all the steps as described to install. At first, I've got the message that it couldn't embed Minilyrics, so I replaced the vbs script by the one provided and removed the dll. Then it seemed to work fine the first time.
Then the next day, I open Mediamonkey and I see the Minilyrics panel, but with empty screen. No (right) mouse click possible. I know that Minilyrics is running (via task manager).
When I move the panel outside it's usual location and drag the borders for a wider screen, I see the Minilyrics suddenly appear, but only partial (mean it's shifted to the side and part is off the visible window. Even right clicking in the visible part, I can't do any action (no menu appears).

Any ideas?

Well, without waiting for an answer, I checked what could have happened. First I uninstalled the minilyrics embedder (via control panel). Restarting Mediamonkey would now open up Minilyrics again, but in it's own state (separate program). So that was the situation before installing the embedder, which is normal.
I couldn't right click at first (no menu), however I needed to highlight the minilyrics program in the taskbar and then the mouse would work. Going into the preferences, I saw that the "mouse click through" was ticked. Unticking this would solve my problem with the mouse setting. Btw, skin is set to plain.

Then I installed the embedder again. Expecting the error window about minilyrics couldn't be embedded. Again I replaced the vbs script and removed the dll. Worked flawlessly.
I suspect that previously, the minilyrics panel couldn't resize: could that be due to the "mouse click through" parameter? So the minilyrics panel was visible, but wasn't in focus or so and hence couldn't resize?

Next, I wanted the caption hidden of the minilyrics panel.
When I positioned my panel where I wanted it to be, I then added some code to the script, which was in the original, but now removed with that new vbs script:
within the sub "OnStartup"

Code: Select all

' Restore ShowCaption setting (requires MM 3.1 or higher)
       if SDB.VersionHi > 3 Or (SDB.VersionHi = 3 And SDB.VersionLo >= 1) then
          if SDB.IniFile.ValueExists("MiniLyricsEmbedder","ShowCaption") then
             Panel.ShowCaption = SDB.IniFile.IntValue("MiniLyricsEmbedder","ShowCaption")
          end if
       end if
This needs the following lines to be within the mediamonkey.ini file:

Code: Select all

[MiniLyricsEmbedder]
PanelVisible=True
ShowCaption=0

One little problem exists: when resizing the panel window, the minilyrics pane remains the same size. In the previous script, this was done with the embedder dll (Embedder.ResetSizeAndPosition), I don't know how to do this with the new script. But not too problematic. It resizes when you move the panel window (not resizing, but actual moving around).
hansi9990

Post by hansi9990 »

I always get an error "MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded. Possibly its window, or the embedder window, isn't visible." but the MiniLyrics embedded Windows appears and work. Where does this error message?
Sometimes MM hangs up and after a restart mini lyrics works no more, after several starts or when I start MM with the minilyrics Icon it goes again.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

hansi9990 wrote:I always get an error "MiniLyrics couldn't be embedded. Possibly its window, or the embedder window, isn't visible." but the MiniLyrics embedded Windows appears and work. Where does this error message?
Sometimes MM hangs up and after a restart mini lyrics works no more, after several starts or when I start MM with the minilyrics Icon it goes again.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 95#p373479

hansi9990

Post by hansi9990 »

That was it, thanks a lot!
Would it not be possible to integrate into the installation of the plugin?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

hansi9990 wrote:That was it, thanks a lot!
Would it not be possible to integrate into the installation of the plugin?
It would be, but then we would need the author to do that.

Just Guessing

Refinement of LYRICS location

Post by Just Guessing »

Firstly, MM4 + Win7 64bit +Crinsoft vbs version of embedder.vbs + no dll file = working flawlessly! I'm REALLY fond of minilyrics and this embedder!

I put my lyrics on a 2nd monitor (so it is an UNDOCKED panel). What I'd like is for the 2nd monitor to also devote space to some song info (ratings etc).

I can use two different panels, but the HEADERS/TITLEBARS/CAPTION is ugly. I may be missing something, or have broken something; but with an undocked panel no method I try can make the titlebar go away. Does that sound right?

Ideally, I would like to assign MiniLyrics to a child of the DockablePanel "MiniLyricsEmbedder_Panel". That would minimize the header ugliness (and allow extra customization).

As best I can tell, the connection between the Embedder.vbs and minilyrics is built on the panel ID "MiniLyricsEmbedder_Panel". But its hard to study this as the vbs is doing only part of the processes.

Professor Steegy? Anyone? Any guidance on getting Minilyrics into a child panel?

EDIT: I have discovered the actual link between ML and the MM panel is actually the CAPTION, "Embedded Minilyrics". This is pointed to from one line in the MM/Plugins/gen_MiniLyrics.dll file. As MM gets angry if I try to give a child panel a caption, it would seem a bust. It also won't work to try to use the caption as a 'ControlName'. Oh well.
Beckanator

Post by Beckanator »

I see this is a old post, but I just started using MM several months ago and started having the same issue described here. In the process of learning MM, ripping CD's, etc., I added the MiniLyrics (ML) plug-in. It worked, but I didn't realize there was an 'embed' window, so I just 'floated' the lyrics and sized them to the blank window (ha newbie!). Anyway, my computer was becoming pretty slow in all aspects, so I decided to backup, format and do a 'clean' Win 7 install. I loaded all my fav programs (MM being at the top of that list) and everything in MM was just ripping (no pun intended), especially when it came to digitizing my 350+ CD's. The RIP CD program is awesome! So, to cut to the chase, I added MiniLyrics again (after the re-install of W7) and ran into the same embedding problem that has been described here. I tried all the fixes suggested and somehow 'haphazardly' got ML working again. However, everytime I restart my computer or MM, I would get the same embedding error. I've tried all the fixes suggested, downloaded the 'fix' file from Crintsoft (http://www.crintsoft.com/MediaMonkey-lyrics.htm) ... (which btw, I had to download in IE as Chrome won't download it without out some setting changes). Anyway, the resolve has been that if I START MiniLyrics FIRST, then MediaMonkey, the embed window comes in perfectly and all options for skins, lyrics, etc., seem to work perfectly. I really don't know what the issue is. But I spent the better part of a whole day trying to figure it out, only to arrive at this 'fix.' I don't mind launching it through ML, and by that I mean ML prompts me that it sees that I have MM installed and asks if I want to launch it. So, I have to launch ML FIRST, then MM works with it just fine. Really don't know why that happens, but I've got it working in the embedded state.

Just to add, I have a pretty large library now. 163,577 files which is currently 1029.6 gb. I have all my music files on an external 4 TB drive. MM is zipping right through it! :o
Me@monkey

Post by Me@monkey »

Had a problem to embed Minilyrics on Windows 10 clean install today.

Running the installer I got a dll registration error (LoadLibrary failed with error 126) and running the vbs script also ('800a01ad' ActiveX component can't create object). Finally I found the reason in the missing msvcr71.dll in c:\Windows\System32\ resp. c:\Windows\SysWOW64\ so the solution was to download and paste that file into these folder(s).
Best regards
Me@monkey
========================
Windows 10 Pro
MediaMonkey actual version
fratt

Post by fratt »

same problem with windows 10. ... Line 126.
surfer

Post by surfer »

SAVING in mp3 not working: minilyrcs 7.7.47, win10 x64, MM 4.1 Gold

Minilyrics/Preferences/Save: synced + unsynced id3v2 checked:
- an album with several songs played, minilyrics showing lyrics in the "embedded minilyrics panel" of each song,
- additionally: right click on each song in the "embedded lyrics" and "save lyrics"
- MM monitoring the directory with the album
- after playing the songs - additionally - scanned the dir again with MM

Result:
- NO lyrics under preferences/lyrics of the songs in MM
- either NO lyrics showing in the tagger software "Tag&Rename"

Any idea? :o
marcelg

Post by marcelg »

Hi, i got the same minilyrics couldn't be embedded mediamonkey error, i see the panel http://prnt.sc/cmm6pk but no way to use or see the lyrics, i use w10 x64.
Thanks
mjw72652

MiniLyrics embedder

Post by mjw72652 »

When I try to install this, I get an error message "Unable to register the DLL/OCX: LoadLibrary failed: Code 126. The specified module could not be found." Any ideas?