Need help running MM on a full-house stereo

Get answers about how to share with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

martialartsguy

Need help running MM on a full-house stereo

Post by martialartsguy »

Here's my wish:

To find a receiver/controller that will allow me to access my computer (with MM running) via my Android smartphone or iPad, so I can then feed music into my in-ceiling speakers using MM remotely. Any help on finding a setup that can run off my existing wiring would be great.

The reciever and controller would need the following:
* Ability to run 8 speakers, separate volume control and power (on/off) on each.
* Must be MM friendly, so I can control my music using an interface similar to MM.
* DLNA is a must.

Here's my current setup:

Computer in basement running Windows 7, with an Ethernet connection to the modem, which then has an Ethernet wire running up to a closet upstairs. This closet contains an Apple Extreme WiFi, Elan system (receiver and controller) which allows limited smartphone control of a rather limited media state and wiring to speakers in the ceiling and one outside. I'm looking to lose the Elan system but keep the speakers (already connected) and Apple Extreme. I have seven speakers currently hooked into the system with at least one more coming.

Any ideas?
MM 4.1.28.1905
MMA 1.3.7.0906

MM Gold since 2006
Lowlander

Re: Need help running MM on a full-house stereo

Post by Lowlander »

There are several topics on this already. Many stereos have DLNA capability, MediaMonkey can act as DLNA server and there are several Apps on both iOS and Android that can be control point (play from server to client).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
martialartsguy

Re: Need help running MM on a full-house stereo

Post by martialartsguy »

Thanks Lowlander, but I'm not finding any topics through the search function that fully answer the questions posed. Do you have any links you can paste in?
MM 4.1.28.1905
MMA 1.3.7.0906

MM Gold since 2006