Arcam CDS50 Unsupported File Error

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Edward Scott

Arcam CDS50 Unsupported File Error

Post by Edward Scott »

Hello

I am trying to figure out where I need to reset UPnP/DLNA server on my Windows 10 - Media Moneky 4.x system. I have the latest version and in fact reinstalled it since it seems to be sending an unsupported files when I stream to my Arcam CDS50. The Arcam can actually play files from Media Monkey if I initiate it from the Arcam. But when I use the Arcam Music life app that can connect to the Media Monkey server ... and can see my play lists etc. ... when I try to play a song using that app (and I can see the songs in the play list), the Arcam says it is an unsupported file. Now I can stream from Tidal as well so it must be something to do with the Media Server Setup. It did work earlier ... Something broke when I tried to run it as a service I believe. The media monkey media server seems to be using the Windows Media Play app as the streamer.

So my question is how can a get back to defaults. I have already uninstalled and re-installed media monkey and the Music Life app.

Ed
Lowlander

Re: Arcam CDS50 Unsupported File Error

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Options > Media Sharing and configure the Media Server. Make sure that you didn't set different Auto-Conversion rules for the device with the App client vs. the player itself. If you haven't customized the Auto-Conversion rules check what File Type(s) are failing. Maybe the App supports less formats.
Edward Scott

Post by Edward Scott »

Thank you for your comments.

The Arcam app is showing that I am steaming Wav files. Now I have the app on 2 android phones and the same behaviour occurs at the Arcam Streamer. So it is something w.r.t. Mediamondky. I stream only wav files for now so no conversion should occur. I have deleted all of the auto conversion options.

If I try to control with the Arcam device, it can find the Media Monkey media server and can play music thru it. So it works when I request songs from the Arcam but I can't push it from the phone app which is using Media Moneky as the source. This is painful since I cant use the organisation features of Media Monkey this way.

I have deleted the application and reinstalled it. Added servers / them to no avail.

I agree it seems to be a setting ... unless it behaves different when I try to get Media Monkey to push it. aI also tried to change the port address to on the server.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Is it possible that WAV is not supported by device you installed both MMA and https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .musiclife

Have you tried to Stream FLAC (it is way better than WAV) eg. set all WAV to convert to FLAC on streaming?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Edward Scott

Post by Edward Scott »

Thanks,

The Arcam will play basically all the formats. It is a pretty high end unit but thanks for the FLAC comment. Will converting to FLAC affect the quality vs just using native WAV?

I have corrected it. I basically deleted the MM folders so I could get a clean install. I think when I tried to get it to run as a services it must have got corrupted. It works just fine now.

Again thanks for all the help.

Ed
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Both WAV and FLAC are lossless so there is no loss when converting between them.
roundcubeten

Post by roundcubeten »

I just did a factory reset on my unit and the count in is all there. Arcam must of had a bad batch go through the factory. I got mine a month ago but have no idea what the manufacturing date is. Arcam really needs to step up and be more proactive on this if they want their reputation to not suffer from this.
The sale to Samsung already put question marks on their rep, and this issue can only tarnish it. If anyone is here from Arcam, or knows anyone from Arcam, you should let them know that their silence in this community is not a sign of something good.