UPNP works with MMA on Android 6 but not 10

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

tamnosbig

UPNP works with MMA on Android 6 but not 10

Post by tamnosbig »

Disclaimer: I've searched for over a week on these boards and elsewhere about this issue but I haven't found a solution; forgive me if I'm wasting time by posting this.

I have a Nexus 7 tablet running Android 6 and MMA (v1.4.1.0937) that works with MMW (v4.1.30.1914) operating on a Windows 10 PC. I can see the files on the UPNP server, play those files remotely, and sync without issue.

My Motorola G7 Power cell phone is another story. I'm running Android 10 with MMA (also v1.4.1.0937) and I can sync files just fine. The problem is seeing files on the MMW server. I've selected "Playlists" and "Music" to be accessible on the MMW server but only "Playlists" can be seen and, when selected, that folder is empty.

I've stripped down the phone to factory specs, installed Google app without updates, and reinstalled MMA, all with reboots between each process, and the result is the same.

Does anyone have an idea other than submitting a ticket? Thanks, guys.
Lowlander

Re: UPNP works with MMA on Android 6 but not 10

Post by Lowlander »

Did you maybe set custom sharing rules for that device? There are both global settings (applies to any device without custom sharing rules) and custom sharing rules.
tamnosbig

Re: UPNP works with MMA on Android 6 but not 10

Post by tamnosbig »

That must have been it...but I'm not even sure how to set up a custom sharing rule.

I removed all the devices under the UPnP/DLNA tab and restarted MMW. Voila. It worked.

Thanks, Lowlander!