MMA Database WiFi & USB MTP Sync Problems

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Vitus

MMA Database WiFi & USB MTP Sync Problems

Post by Vitus »

If you initiate a device profile from MMA (On Galaxy S2), when you autosync either with USB MTP or Wi-Fi there are problems. With Wifi autosync it will delete a whole playlist of tracks on first sync. Then it will upload them again on second sync. Then change something else on the next sync and so on even though you have changed nothing in the autosync list. It's as if the MMA database doesn't track changes properly. (I understand that it is dependent on the Android Media DB and monitors it somehow.) If I then try autosync with USB MTP to the same profile, it does the same thing - removes and adds odd files on one sync then does something else on the next sync. It also takes a while and a message 'scanning file list' appears. If you then uninstall MMA from the device and delete the MediaMonkey folder (containing the database) USB autosync works fine. The impression is that if the MMA DB is present, the autosync process by default will link to it to prepare the sync list. As this doesn't seem to work properly at present it causes inconsistent syncs. When the MMA DB is not present, the autosync process works fine.
zombiefly

Re: MMA Database WiFi & USB MTP Sync Problems

Post by zombiefly »

update: It seems i can reproduce this if i involve an auto-playlist

sync rules with specific folders selected work as expected
Last edited by zombiefly on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
MM4 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 3 64GB | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Buruan

Post by Buruan »

I see this happening as well.
But only with Auto-Playlists.

They delete entirely one sync, then come back the next sync.
Vitus

Post by Vitus »

I was syncing three different playlists of which only one was an autoplaylist. However, the deleting/re-uploading problem affects all three lists. Sometimes it's one or two tracks, and sometimes a whole playlist's worth.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

this appears to work correctly with the latest versions
MM4 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 3 64GB | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud