Please Include ...

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

PGR

Please Include ...

Post by PGR »

Please include the "Play Next" and "Stop After Current" actions found in the MMW Play menu.

Pretty please?

Pete (sound reinforcement provider and occasional DJ)
nohitter151

Re: Please Include ...

Post by nohitter151 »

They're already there...

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not in MMA.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Lowlander wrote:Not in MMA.
He said MMW.
PGR wrote:Please include the "Play Next" and "Stop After Current" actions found in the MMW Play menu.

Pretty please?

Pete (sound reinforcement provider and occasional DJ)

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

They were requesting to add the functionality "in MMW" (interpret as "from MMW"), to MMA.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Ohhhh. Oops!

MarkODD

Post by MarkODD »

Can there be a playcount somewhere? Maybe in the properties screen.
djasonpenney

Last Played and Skip Counf

Post by djasonpenney »

Hey, Rusty, I am trying tp wean myself off of the Evil Rotten Apple. Your latest. Android release is very good. Here is my work flow:

I keep a manual play list. About half of it consists of tracks I have not heard recently. This means the "last played", "play count", and "skip count" columns are very important.

I used MMA as my music player today, and I confirm you do not yet upload these columns when synch'ing, either wired or wirelessly.

Further, I will use MMW to delete tracks I have heard over the last several days, and then synchronize with MMA. Unfortunately, MMA wants to confirm each track deletion individually. Do you realize how annoying that is when you are deleting 180 tracks?

You are really close. As a player this latest drop os very good.

P.S. - the deletion dialogues don't recognize the ID3 tags properly, though the playlist view has started to work.

Thanks in advance.
mcow

Post by mcow »

When I browse to archive.org and click a streaming M3U link, it would be nice if MMA could handle it. Right now (under JB4.1), I get a popup window asking which program I'd like to handle the URL; Google Play and UPnPlay and Android Video Player are registered to handle the type. I think MMA just needs to register for the type.
Marz

Post by Marz »

I would like to see play last added also. I would like to see Artist have an option to just select Album Artist.
captainmcl

Post by captainmcl »

It appears that a number of people interpreted this thread subject as signalling THE place to record wish list items. On that note, could we have someplace to record wish list items, and +1 the ones that we like? Then you'd be able to see all wishes in one place and know which items were the most wanted, and we'd have a single place to see whether our wishes had already been voiced and add our voices to the ones we liked. I don't know the capabilities of this forum software, or other options that are available. It seems that would be a win for everyone, though.
CaptainMCL
Frisco, TX, USA
captainmcl

Post by captainmcl »

Until such capability is available (or until I learn about the existing capability that everyone else knows about and is laughing about as I type this here), here are some of my wish list items, as of build 0098. (And for context, I should start with "I love MMA! Already tons of great functionality, well-implemented. Keep it up! And I'll be happy to pay for the Gold version when it goes into production!")

Navigation
  • Auto-playlists: recently added songs, most played, recently played
  • Larger fonts all around -- this is hard to use while driving
  • Larger album thumbs in lists -- maybe I'm just used to the default player. It looks like its thumbs are about 10% taller/wider than MMA
  • Total counts in lists, i.e. in Artists or Albums or Tracks (Songs) -- when you scroll to the bottom of a list in my default player it shows, for example, "6987 songs"
  • Scrolling -- I don't know the names of the interface features, but some apps have a scrolling "handle" (like MMA does), and some list the alphabet down the side of the screen, and you press the letter you want and then flick to get to where you want. I prefer the alphabet, especially for really long lists (MMA does not "show" the scroll while I'm moving my finger, so I go down a bit but have to let go in order to see how far I've gone. And in apps where it does show the scroll, it's just way too sensitive in long lists -- a tiny swipe jumps hundreds of items.) I don't know whether the two scrolling features can be used at once for the best of both worlds
  • Thumbnail view -- scroll through albums, artists by thumbnail in addition to list view
Now Playing
  • I expected Lyrics to be "pulled" up from the bottom of the album art, not the side. I expected side-swiping on the album art to skip tracks forward/back. (I only found the existing swipe-to-skip functionality by accident -- it was not intuitive to me)
  • In a separate thread someone suggested a "Find more from same..." functionality, probably in the menu. I like that idea!
  • Rating was not intuitive to me -- I'd rather see the current rating all the time (above or below the art). I was confused that rating was NOT in the Properties dialog
  • Larger controls -- Play, Skip, Shuffle, Repeat -- again, most valuable when in the car
  • Volume slider on the Now Playing screen -- maybe hidden with the Shuffle and Repeat buttons?
  • Track count, i.e. 16 of 238 -- also maybe hidden with Shuffle and Repeat
Trust me -- the list of features I love is much longer than this! Keep up the great work -- you're making a lot of people happy!
CaptainMCL
Frisco, TX, USA
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Every wish should be entered as a new topic in this sub-forum. Currently most add [REQ] at the beginning of the topic title.