Track Removal. Remove All

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Marz

Track Removal. Remove All

Post by Marz »

I am having all types of problems with MMA 94. I recently sync over 1500 songs to test it out good. Most of the songs were missing artwork or wouldn't play at all. Keeps giving me unsupported format. So I deleted the playlist from the sync. Guess what I have to delete one song at a time. Super pain.
rovingcowboy

Re: Track Removal. Remove All

Post by rovingcowboy »

I would like to say to marz that I'm sorry if this post makes you mad it is not ment towards you but just in general towards you.

But how many other members are there that get fed up with people not knowing how to do something blaming mm. Really its not hard to figure out removal of songs or any file. Its basic computing know how.

Just because it is a phone or tablet does not change the default way to use a computer, which is what these smart phones and tablets really are. Wake up and read the owners manual or just ask how without blaming the op system or program, its no big deal if you dont know but blaming programs or op systems is not needed unless you cant do the default ways , then its something that needs fixed.

Okay Marz now to answer you.

Just move the files to the sd card if you use one and then delete the folder with them in the explorer, then you just open mma so he rescans his database, he removes what he cant find.
Granted some times he removes songs from the playlists but mma is still beta.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Marz

Post by Marz »

Um my point was that when you delete a play list it asks you to delete one song at a time. I have 1500 this time that is a lot. It's easier to delete the files in a file manager but adding a remove all when this pops up would come in handy. I just would like to see this as an option when deleting tracks & cleaning up my device. By the way I tried what you said before I decided to start from scratch.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Oh thought it reads as you wanted help. ? Not you were asking for a new feature,? :-?
Your post was just the trigger that sent me to vent mode, was not the reason only the trigger.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

hmm, last night I had to remove all songs from MMA because MM4.1b was giving me odd results when I looked at phone/music info.

I simply went to the Samsung Galaxy S3-Music and then Right-Click the Music folder and selected Remove. All songs were removed from the phone.

Seems pretty simple to me .. or did I misunderstand what you were trying to do.

Edited: Removing again ... I do have to say that it does take quite a while to delete the songs (at least this time). Only have 1K songs on the phone but am waiting ... Should be a faster way.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig