MMA feature enhancement

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

fryguy

MMA feature enhancement

Post by fryguy »

Just thought that I would mention a couple of items to help the MediaMonkey Android app:
[*]Add the ability to alphabetically jump to a section in the collection. For example, putting the letters of the alphabet vertically on the side such that I could just select the letter “S” to jump to the section of that collection beginning with S. This is a big deal for those of us with large collections and large amounts of memory on our Android device.
[*]Add the ability to browse by Album Artist to provide for the “Various Artists” albums. Again, a huge deal for large collections.

FYI, I am using a Samsung S3 (SCH-1535) with a 64GB memory card.
Lowlander

Re: MMA feature enhancement

Post by Lowlander »

1) You can already quick scroll and the letter you're jumping to will be shown in the middle.
2) Already requested.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

I believe #1 is more about wanting shortcuts to the letters. So you could select "S" and jump right to it, instead of having to scroll through A-R, which with a large collection could take some time.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Note that I'm talking about using the scroll bar that shows when scrolling to the list, not scrolling through the actual list itself. The scroll bar gives you quick access to the full list on the same screen by scrolling up & down. It won't show the letters to jump to, but works nearly as fast as you can scroll anywhere in the list from the in a single scroll.
mcow

Post by mcow »

It looks like, to get that scroller, you first have to scroll the visible list "normally", then lift finger and drop it onto the scroller.
Is there a way to activate it in a single touch?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

mcow wrote:It looks like, to get that scroller, you first have to scroll the visible list "normally", then lift finger and drop it onto the scroller.
Is there a way to activate it in a single touch?
I think that two gestures to get to the speed dial is an android thing (aka feature).
I have seen it in several other android apps.
I can't test it in MMA as my mobile device is not too mobile, and as such there is not much music in there as I mostly listen via UPnP.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
mcow

Post by mcow »

Barry4679 wrote:I think that two gestures to get to the speed dial is an android thing (aka feature).
I just looked at Google Play Music, and it shows the scroller all the time, no need to scroll the list first.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

mcow wrote: I just looked at Google Play Music, and it shows the scroller all the time, no need to scroll the list first.
That's interesting. What device and Android version? On my Photon running Android 2.3, Play Music does not have a persistent scroll bar. I have to flick first and then grab it.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:1) Note that I'm talking about using the scroll bar that shows when scrolling to the list, not scrolling through the actual list itself. The scroll bar gives you quick access to the full list on the same screen by scrolling up & down. It won't show the letters to jump to, but works nearly as fast as you can scroll anywhere in the list from the in a single scroll.
For me, when I bring up my track list, according to mmw 4100 tracks, then flick the list, grab the scroll bar and head to "K". The letters do flick by the screen but either you have to go really slow or you go fast and end up who knows where in the "K's". Like GS3's contact list, a set of alphas on the side would allow you to go right to the "K's" .. the beginning of the list. Just makes it a little easier to get where you are going.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
mcow

Post by mcow »

BigInJapan wrote:
mcow wrote: I just looked at Google Play Music, and it shows the scroller all the time, no need to scroll the list first.
That's interesting. What device and Android version? On my Photon running Android 2.3, Play Music does not have a persistent scroll bar. I have to flick first and then grab it.
This is a stock Galaxy Tab 2, JB 4.1.

Post by Guest »

As short as possible, features I'd like to have in MMA:
- Option to manually input/delete lyrics
- Lyrics in tag
- Auto tagging from the web including ability to choose cover art
- Manually add/delete cover art.

Otherwise, great app. I've been using it for several years on my PC as default audio player/library/manager. Keep the good work.
Cheers.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:As short as possible, features I'd like to have in MMA:
- Option to manually input/delete lyrics
- Lyrics in tag
- Auto tagging from the web including ability to choose cover art
- Manually add/delete cover art.

Otherwise, great app. I've been using it for several years on my PC as default audio player/library/manager. Keep the good work.
Cheers.
And to add, sometimes skipped tracks start playing (on their next play) not from beginning but from the time when I skipped.
To make myself clear: song starts playing, plays for 60 secs and i tap NEXT TRACK. After some time, or several days, when i start playing that particular track it starts 60 seconds from the beginning. I have a lot of music, over 20GB on 32GB card (Xperia mini), and playlists are containing over 1000 songs each. I'm always using shuffle feature.