Sync Playlists (added tracks don't sync correctly)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

PhilDG

Sync Playlists (added tracks don't sync correctly)

Post by PhilDG »

I'm having issues syncing a playlist. The playlist contains a random selection of songs - about 200. This is the only entry for sync.

When I first sync, it works perfectly and creates the playlist on the device with the correct number of songs.

After removing everything on the playlist on MMW and adding another 200 random songs, the sync appears to work fine - it removes everything that is no longer required and then copies the items on the playlist (some songs are already there and so are not copied).

When I look at the playlist on MMA it only contains the entries that were already on the device before the sync (12 songs). In addition, the playlist on MMW is exactly the same. This is surely not the desired behavior?
Lowlander

Re: Sync Playlists

Post by Lowlander »

Peke

Post by Peke »

I'm unable to replicate, is it possible that I'm doing something wrong?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mcow

Post by mcow »

PhilDG, are you syncing via Wi-Fi or USB?

I posted in a different topic about the problem with Wi-Fi sync of playlists; it seems that the only time a playlist entry appears under MMA after syncing is if the playlist is both selected in the sync settings and shared via UPnP. (Given how many different people were persistently complaining about the problem there, I was surprised to get no feedback on that observation.)

The other thing I observed was that the playlist entry on MMA didn't appear right away after syncing, altho I'm not sure if there is a time delay or some action that causes a refresh.

Neither of these issues are specifically what PhilDG is describing, but it could be related.
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

I am syncing via Wi-Fi. I don't know if I have selected anything in 'Shared via UPnP' but it's a new playlist I created. I can see other playlists via UPnP so I suppose I must be sharing these.

I think this issue is slightly different. I am getting the playlist on the device, it's just the 2nd and subsequent time I sync it must be copying the playlist over before the tracks and so only the tracks already on the device are included on the playlist although I'm guessing now!

The only way I've found to even slightly get around it is to then create an auto-playlist which contains tracks from the original playlist and sync just that one.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

mcow wrote:it seems that the only time a playlist entry appears under MMA after syncing is if the playlist is both selected in the sync settings and shared via UPnP
That seems to be true, you won't be able to select any Playlist not shared by UPnP when setting up sync in MMA itself, however if you're setting it up in MMW this isn't apparent.
mcow

Post by mcow »

Lowlander wrote:
mcow wrote:it seems that the only time a playlist entry appears under MMA after syncing is if the playlist is both selected in the sync settings and shared via UPnP
That seems to be true, you won't be able to select any Playlist not shared by UPnP when setting up sync in MMA itself, however if you're setting it up in MMW this isn't apparent.
You won't see a playlist sync'd from MMW anywhere in MMA unless it is shared. It won't appear in the Playlists section from the main panel; it won't appear in the MMA Sync Options list, even if you'd like to de-select it from sync.

It makes sense to me that you can't select a playlist for sync from MMA unless it's shared. If it's not shared, I think you still should be able to view a playlist that's been sync'd over, and play it; and you should be able to de-select it from sync.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

In 142, I still see the issue that PhilDG originally reported here. The only way I can keep my playlists up to date is if I delete them before each sync and re-download them. To be clear, I'm not deleting or re-downloading the tracks, just the playlists.

I'm syncing 4 auto-playlists. The overall content on my device stays pretty static, but changes to ratings and playcounts cause tracks to move to different playlists.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Tested this with MMA 145 against MMW 1644, and the issue seems to be resolved. Let me know if you're still experiencing this problem (there are some remaining playlist sync issues, most notably http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11009 ).

-Rusty