[BUG] Timestamp changes [#10913]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Mizery_Made

[BUG] Timestamp changes [#10913]

Post by Mizery_Made »

I haven't followed this forum too much, so it's possible this has already been brought up.

I recently copied my music to another drive to serve as a backup as I was going to be toying around with another program. Never really got around to playing with that other software, but I figure it's good to keep a second copy of my library. Should've done it a long time ago, but haven't really had the space until recently. So, I pulled up a comparison program I have and ran it on the two sets of my library. I was baffled to find a half doesn't or so files showing as different. Checked the contents and while a couple had differing tags (due to the language code on comments and custom tags going from "en" to "XX"), 8 of them showed identical tags and audio content. That's when I realized the timestamp was different.

I happened to also look at the "Tracks with" node of the Tagging Inconsistencies script right before this, and was surprised to see that the same files listed under the "More PlayCount
Than in MM's internal History." That opens up a whole other can of worms... namely 10160, but I digress. So I figured it had to do with the Wireless sync between MMA and MMW. Played a track on MMA, and then synced. Yep, there goes that file I just played showing a new timestamp.

Should the MMA-MMW sync be altering the timestamp on files who's only update is to a "database only" field like Playcount? I don't recall seeing this behavior with the iDevice syncs in years past (unless I just happened to miss it, due to my shadow copies being a new thing for me). Even then, it doesn't seem logical to me. The files haven't been touched, just the database updated with the played information. Kind of an inconsistency I find, as the MMW player doesn't alter the timestamp each time a track is played. Only when tag contents are changed or the file otherwise modified.
Lowlander

Re: Timestamp changes

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMW and MMA are you using?
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

MMA 130 and MMW 1636 -- Oops, looks like I've missed two MMW builds. Not sure how that happened. Though looking at the change log for those two, I don't see anything that may relate to this.

EDIT: Still there in MMA 130 + MMW 1638.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rovingcowboy

Re: [BUG] Timestamp changes [#10913]

Post by rovingcowboy »

You might have stumbled on to a error that has been sneaking by the devas for some time causing strange things to happen, so it is a great thing you did in making a back up copy of your library. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.