BUG: MMA Wipes Out Ratings & Playlists Upon Phone Restart

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

creativconfusion

BUG: MMA Wipes Out Ratings & Playlists Upon Phone Restart

Post by creativconfusion »

I am using the most current version of MMA (.146) and MMW (.1644)
I am running a GS3 with a 64GB external card (to which all music is saved).

I can sync wirelessly and see all songs, playlists and ratings in MMA.
I can change properties and ratings, as well as add songs to lists. All of these things sync properly between MMA and MMW.

However, if I restart my phone for any reason, all playlists and ratings are completely gone when the phone starts up.
All of my songs are still present, and I can play them in MMA, but the ratings have all disappeared and the list of playlists is completely empty.
I can only get them back by syncing again and waiting an ungodly amount of time for the sync to complete. Sync normally takes about 20 mins, after losing all the lists and ratings it takes hours.

Why does MMA wipe out my ratings and playlists during restart ?!
This is an issue that is easily repeatable, but I'm not sure how to log it since it requires a restart to get it to happen.
Last edited by creativconfusion on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bettertthan74

Re: BUG: MMA Wipes Out Ratings & Playlists Upon Phone Restar

Post by bettertthan74 »

This is happening to me on every restart also. Sometimes I also have to use a tool that deletes the playlists out of android's media database to be able to sync after a restart.

I'm using an s4 wth a 64gig card that has all the music.

I've tried restoring mm.db file that I backup every few hous , but that doesn't put the information back.
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

I don't know that this helps you, but I had that happen when I went from 144 to 145. I uninstalled, deleted the mm folders, deleted all the music from the sd card, and started fresh. I haven't seen it happen since then. That wasn't that long ago though, so maybe I've just been lucky since then.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
creativconfusion

Post by creativconfusion »

I have now updated to the most current version (.148) and can confirm that it is definitely still happening.
I restarted my phone last night and all ratings were completely wiped out.
Playlists were there, but every single playlist is empty.

This is a serious issue that has been happening for months, and I feel like the devs are pretending it doesn't exist here.
I had a similar post about this issue months back (only back then MM was deleting all of my mp3s as well).

I realize that this is a beta, and betas have bugs. But this bug is destroying the very purpose of the program in the first place. MM is software for those dedicated to intense sorting and tracking of music collections ... i tend to think that even the most forgiving music collector would be pretty enraged if every time they restarted their phone all of their playlists and ratings were wiped out.

It is important to mention that playerpro and isyncr do not exibit these symptoms. Not once did i ever lose a rating or playlist while using those programs. So if they can work without a problem, i feel that MM should be able to accomplish the same.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

In the time since this started, have you done a full wipe (uninstall MMA, delete MM folders in all storage locations, delete all synced content)?
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

reativconfusion, I hate to post this type of reply .. but ... I too am on a G3 but with 32gig and when I first read your post I tried both reboot and shutdown. In neither case did I lose playlists or their contents. I just tried again and the same. I know this doesn't really help but if you have any scenerio I can try will be happy to do so.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig