Wifi sync stopped working for no apparent reason

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

bkenobi69

Wifi sync stopped working for no apparent reason

Post by bkenobi69 »

I had wifi sync working to perfection until a couple versions ago (both MMA and MMW are always kept at the current level for compatibility). After updating a couple weeks back, I realized that I couldn't do a wifi sync (connection refused). I didn't have time to look into it at that time. I just updated to the most current version (1658/164) and the problem remains. I don't think this is an issue with the updates though. I downgraded to the last known working combination (1652/156) and I'm still having the issue.

My process is simple:
launch MMW
launch MMA
in MMA, options->select server

MMA finds no servers available which means that for some reason MMW must not be setting up the server correctly. I didn't change any settings, so I guess something got AFU somehow on its own. Anyone have an idea of what I can do to get back up and running?
Lowlander

Re: Wifi sync stopped working for no apparent reason

Post by Lowlander »

Are you on the same network with MMA as MMW? Do you have a Media Server enabled in MMW and does UPnP from that MMW server work in MMA? Does the firewall on the MMW PC allow MMW through?
bkenobi69

Post by bkenobi69 »

One last ditch effort was to reset the phone and check for different wifi networks (I have 2 routers but both should work). After the reset, things currently seem copacetic. If this pops up again, I'll post again. Consider this a non-issue for now.
theweasel68

Post by theweasel68 »

Hi, I was trying to set up WiFi sync between MMW 4.1 and my Android device. No success. "Connection failed"

All settings were done as described so I thought, my Eset Smart Security firewall could be the problem - et voila: after deactivating the firwall, MMA is now synced with MMW!

I dont understand, why the firewall makes this problem, as both are in the same network. However - maybe it is a port, which I have to open in the firewall? If ys, which one should that be? Or is that for connections outside my WiFi-network only?

Thx
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You probably can just allow MediaMonkey in your Firewall to get this working.
theweasel68

Post by theweasel68 »

Lowlander wrote:You probably can just allow MediaMonkey in your Firewall to get this working.
Yes, that was my thought too. But how? Which port is used by MMW?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Generally you can allow an application, no need for port. I presume that wifi sync uses the port set in Media Sharing in MediaMonkey.