Issues with equalizer on Moto X [#11746]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Issues with equalizer on Moto X [#11746]

Post by Guest »

EQ doesn't work correctly on Moto X phone (Republic Wireless, if it matters). I'm still on JB 4.22 as well.

With defaults levels on all bands at 0db, decreasing values on any freq band works as expected - but - if you increase any single value it begins to 'mute' all the other bands and seems to lower the overall gain of the output.

The individual bar and text/number values remain the same for the other untouched freqs when it happens, so visually it looks the same... it's just the audible levels themselves that change across the board instead of affecting the one band being increased.

It may be worth noting that some audio apps also have EQ issues on the Moto X, when those same apps work great on my Samsung Tab 2 10.1. Many of them have EQ's that don't work at all. PowerAmp works well, PlayerPro has similar problems as MM does, and others have effects that do nothing and the EQ is ineffective in their overall db ranges. If its a JB issue, then I'll have to wait for a little longer to get any carrier-based updates.
rusty

Re: Issues with equalizer on Moto X

Post by rusty »

creativconfusion

Re: Issues with equalizer on Moto X [#11746]

Post by creativconfusion »

This same problem is present on my Galaxy S3 as well (JB 4.3).
It makes the equalizer essentially useless.
I have heard about JB 4.3 breaking equalizers for many applications.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Thx for Info Bug updated.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
creativconfusion

Post by creativconfusion »

After further searching on the matter I have come to the conclusion that the main android "music fx" equalizer is hopelessly broken for a lot of people after the JB 4.3 update. It appears that spotify and a few others have found ways around it, but for my vzw s3 it is just broken period. This is kind of shocking seeing as how Samsung is battling with the iPhone, a device with impeccable audio abilities.

This drove me to look for a better solution, and I came across ViperFX . This equalizer requires root but is far superior to any other equalizer on the market. And its free.

So, just so you know you don't have to settle for android or mma having a broken equalizer. Just get root and fix the problem for good.