Sync status has stopped displaying

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MagGyver

Sync status has stopped displaying

Post by MagGyver »

Using MMA 1.0.4.0237 on a Samsung Note 3. All has worked fine with Wifi Sync up until just the other day. No changes were made to either MMW or MMA, but now when I initiate a "Sync Now" session, after presenting me with the Updates confirmation window, it says "Downloading" and then the status stops displaying. If I pull down from the notification area and tap the item for the sync, it will briefly (1 second) show me what it's currently doing (analyzing, downloading etc) but then the status disappears. If I want to track the progress, I have to keep tapping on the sync item in the notification tray and read really fast before it goes away.

**EDIT: As I was writing this, I tried wifi syncing once more after restarting MMW and my phone. At this stage MMA acted like it was the first time I was syncing (prompted me to accept the "grant access" popup confirmation on MMW) but no popup appeared on MMW and therefore the sync failed. I have now deleted the device profile and am resyncing using USB to establish things again.

I have read elsewhere that the Verizon Samsung Note 3 is having troubles overall with syncing; I had thought it was related only to USB syncing but perhaps it affects wifi too? My phone is rooted with a custom ROM but it's not a Cyanogen ROM (it's a 4.3 Beans ROM).
DJ Maggie
MM user since 2005
MMW5, MMA
linktr.ee/djmaggie
Lowlander

Re: Sync status has stopped displaying

Post by Lowlander »

You're using an old MMA build (current is 238) and should use the latest MMW 4.1.1 beta from the Beta testing forum.
rusty

Re: Sync status has stopped displaying

Post by rusty »

Hy MagGyver,

Thanks for the report--if it crops up with build 238+ let us know and please send a debug log via the About screen, and post the log ID here. For issues like this (that we can't replicate), the debug logs can help us understand why the issue occurs.

-Rusty

p.s. I've split the original topic since the subsequent post was an unrelated issue.