Several feature requests

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

kknostman

Several feature requests

Post by kknostman »

I should preface this to say that I've used PowerAmp pretty much exclusively until I started using the recent builds of MMA. I am really impressed with the player, it's coming along nicely considering it's relative youth compared to other Android players!

I've noticed some things that would make the experience better, at least for me, on MMA. Here's some that come to mind.

1. Allow "routing audio" from the player. This is a very useful feature in PowerAmp that let's you chose from the popup menu from available active audio output sources (ie headset, bluetooth, HDMI). For example in my car I have Bluetooth and Optical out (via HDMI to my GN3). While this might not be a typical use case it seems reasonable that you should be able to choose from active allowed connections from the device. With MMA I have to disable bluetooth to switch to HDMI in MMA which means I can't use the phone for telephone calls to the car speakerphone system while HDMI is connected. In Poweramp I can just change the source to HDMI without disconnecting Bluetooth which allows phone calls to work through Bluetooth.
2. Swipe up/down to move to prev/next album in list, swipe left/right to move to prev/next song in list. If shuffle is on then it would randomize the choice from the list.
3. Resume playback at last song/list/location.
4. Sync: When browsing va UPNP to a MediaMonkey server allow for "download/sync" option for "long pressing" the selected item.
5. Audiobooks: Return to last location and store locations within each Audiobook. Unfortunately MMA is almost unusable as an Audiobook player without it tracking your location in the audiobook.
6. Sync history/bookmarks/locations/etc to Dropbox/Skydrive/etc. For cross device syncing.

More to come. Loving MMA so far!
Lowlander

Re: Several feature requests

Post by Lowlander »

4) Already possible to download with long press on UPnP file.
kknostman

Post by kknostman »

Lowlander wrote:4) Already possible to download with long press on UPnP file.
Sweet! Wish I hadn't missed that :)
kknostman

Post by kknostman »

Just found out why I missed this. I was speaking of long clicking the actual album/artist/etc rather than navigating into the item and selecting each song item. This does seem to work well (there doesn't seem to be a way to see download progress though?) but it limits how much you can download at once.

Anyway the current method get's the job done for sure but it might be nice to be able to download at a more macro level, within limits of course.

Also if you can add some method of seeing the progress of these types of downloads that would be great, or did I miss this as well?

Thanks again!
Crawdaddy1999

Post by Crawdaddy1999 »

I would also be interested in seeing kknostman's suggestions added, especially 2 and 3