1.1.3.0491: Grant access to SDcard not working [#12918]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

icon

1.1.3.0491: Grant access to SDcard not working [#12918]

Post by icon »

I just updated to latest release version 1.1.3.0491. My phone is an LG G4 with Android 5.1.

Trying to grant sdcard access to MM doesn't work, after selecting the full sdcard, it shows me again the first screen of MM and it lists then all the folders twice there e.g /Music/..
When I click CONTINUE again and select the card again, it shows all entries 3 times and so one. But it seems that granting the access doesn't work at.
CybranM

The new MMA update stuck in grant access to SD card loop

Post by CybranM »

Hi,
I just updated to the new version of MMA (v 1.1.3.0491) and when I start the app it tells me I need to grant access to the SD card.
I click continue and it shows me a bunch of images on how I should grant it access.
After that I click continue and it opens some folder viewer and I navigate to the SD card and click "select SD card" (the menus are different from what MMA showed me before).
The problem is that after I click on select SD card it takes me back to the first step. If I click on continue again it will just ask me to do the same thing over and over never letting me into the actual application.

Ive tried to restart the phone after updating the application but that didn't help.
Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I need to wait for a hotfix?

Im using an LG G4 (android 5.1)
dieselscalerthereal

Can't grant acces to sd card. Documents has unexpectedly clo

Post by dieselscalerthereal »

İ am full version user on Android. After the latest update, I followed the instructions to grant access to my sd card. But when i choose sd card botton i get the warning that says " documents stopped unexpectedly, send information to bla bla. So even i have the files in my sd card my music is not shown mediamonkey library. Please help me about this issue. I am using mediamonkey on htc one m 8 with the latest update and installed the latest update also on mediamonkey. Thank you in advance.
Lowlander

Re: 1.1.3.0491: Grant access to SDcard not working

Post by Lowlander »

DungHo

Re: 1.1.3.0491: Grant access to SDcard not working [#12918]

Post by DungHo »

I'm using LG g4 and is having the same problem. I tried syncing but mediamonkey is not saving media in the Music folder it used too. It's saving in Android/data/.com.ventis.../files/music which no other player is recognizing.
fhouse

Post by fhouse »

Well, I'm officially fed up with MM. After years of syncing issues on my SG G3 and now LG G4, it's time to find another solution. I just upgraded to MM 1.1.3.0491 on Android 5.1 and the app simply doesn't work. My ~4K songs and playlists were stored on an SD card that I can no longer access regardless of what I select on "Grant Access" page. I've tried syncing over wifi and USB, even reinstalling.

What a waste of time.
icon

Post by icon »

Build 493, released today, has still the same issue. Just to let you know. When we can count with a fix for this annoying problem?
rusty

Post by rusty »

I think that we introduced some usability issues that may be playing a bit part in these bug reports, namely:

1) the 'grant access dialog' appears not to have been configured even if it has (see: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12927 ). To work around this, in the 'Grant access' dialog, once you've granted access by selecting a folder/SD card, just back out of the dialog and access will have been granted (even though you're brought back to the Grant Access dialog--you can back out of that as well). This was bone-headed design and we're working on a fix.

2) There's a configuration bug in which a new install fails to automatically set a default location for he library, causing the library to appear empty (see: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12926 ). To work around this, click Options > Choose Library folders and make certain that the relevant folders are checked off.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

-Rusty

p.s. we hope to have a fix within the next day or two.
icon

Post by icon »

Hi Rusty

So when I understand you right, it should be able to syncronize to SDCARD\MUSIC folder already with build 493? Then I can test it, if this helps. However I think, i cant move the music files from the SDCARD\ANDROID\DATA\COM.VENTIS..... folder, where they currently reside, to SDCARD\MUSIC, right?

Let me know, if and how to check it.

Regards
Renato
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Renato,

If you've granted access to the SD card, and have set the Choose Library Folders to be able to see the library contents, then MMA should display all contents from the library. If you then sync to SDCard\Music, it should sync correctly.

So to test:
1) Grant access to the SD card (and back out of the configuration after the folder chooser sends you back to the MMA grant access screen) if you haven't already.
2) In options > choose library folders, enable all the relevant folders (and let me know if these were disabled--which would tell us why the tracks were missing)
3) sync

Go to the Tracks or Playlist view and see if it did the trick...
EDIT: If it doesn't work, please immediately generate a debug log (Options > About MediaMonkey > Send debug log), and post the log ID here).

Thanks.

-Rusty
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

just reinstall MM on android and still see grant access screen everytime start media monkey. It's scanning media so will see what happens. will report back
DungHo

Post by DungHo »

after scanning for about 5 min, it found no media.
Clearly my 3,000 + songs are in \Music folder. I'm using PlayerPro for now waiting for MM to be fixed.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Dung Ho,

Thanks for testing this.

Can you:
1) Tap choose library folders screen, reconfirm that the correct paths are enabled, and then exiting it (this should trigger a scan)
2) Generate a debug log (Options > About MediaMonkey > Send logs) and post the log id here
3) Re-confirm the exact path that your music is stored to

Thanks.

-Rusty
joshb

Post by joshb »

In my phone, Samsung Galaxy S4 running MMA Pro latest version, I see the spinning sync 'wheel' going on and on, but I am able to navigate and play my files.
I then did try clearing Cache and Data for the MMA app. When launched, it behaved as new install (as expected), I got the "welcome, you've upgraded to MM Pro". I granted access to my entire SD card, set up library folder to point to my Music folder there, and now its scanning, scanning, scanning. But I do see and can play my music files normally.

Update, about an hour after above the was written: It finally finished scanning. I have 4026 tracks on the SD card and 99 in the phone. So, all good, but MMA did seem to take an awful long time to scan. Some sort of progress indicator, perhaps?

Josh
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the feedback. 1 hour is long for 4k tracks. Will look into this.

btw, since you deleted the cache/data, I expect that the tracks in the library are probably missing ratings and album art. To retrieve them you'll want to resync your phone with MMW so that the tracks are re-paired with those in the MMW library.

-Rusty