[Workaround] Sync ratings with MMA on Samsung S8 with encrypted phone storage and SD card not working

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

cyd

[Workaround] Sync ratings with MMA on Samsung S8 with encrypted phone storage and SD card not working

Post by cyd »

Hi,

I switched from a Samsung S5 to S8 with Android 8.0.0 installed. My Phone storage and SD card is encrypted.
MMW 4.1.21.1875 and MMA 1.3.2.082 beta is used. Sync is used via USB sync in MMW.
I tried to sync to the internal Phone storage and the SD card. Issues occurred on both storages. Also I tried a clean MMA and MMW insallation. Issue is occurs there, too
Log ID: PIDRDUYDEA & YYU33NHL5L

1. When I sync from MMW to MMA then all tracks and playlists are transferred, but on MMA all ratings are lost, no played or skip number is available.
For testing I played some songs on MMA and rated them. Now I tried to sync the changes back. On MMW the sync process runs without issues, but no ratings, last played time or play counter got updated on MMA.

If I try this with the same PC and same MMW with my Samsung S5 (Android 6.0.1 with encrypted card, MMA 1.3.2.0822) syncing works without issues. Sync profiles for S5 and S8 have the same configuration.

2. An additional issue I have seen is that after resync of some new files to MMA then MMA doesn't detect the new files automatically. If I manually press on "check for new/changed media" then the new files are recogniesed and updated in the MMA library, but as in issue 1 all ratings are lost, no played or skip number is available.

Is there a problem with Samsung S8 and encrypted phone/SD card?
Last edited by cyd on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
cyd

Re: Sync ratings with MMA on Samsung S8 with encrypted phone storage and SD card no working

Post by cyd »

Has anybody else this issue?
cyd

Re: Sync ratings with MMA on Samsung S8 with encrypted phone storage and SD card not working. Logs PIDRDUYDEA & YYU33NHL

Post by cyd »

I rebooted the device several times and then the meta data was back again. No clue whats wrong there
cyd

Re: Sync ratings with MMA on Samsung S8 with encrypted phone storage and SD card not working. Logs PIDRDUYDEA & YYU33NHL

Post by cyd »

To test the new beta I deleted all files on the phone and updated to 1.3.3.827.
Now I have the issue again.

After USB sync all Music files are found, but metadata like rating and playcount are missing.
I tried several times to reboot, but metadata still missing.

Seem to me like an issue in MMA
cyd

Post by cyd »

Got the ratings back again!
After a reboot of the phone I had to sync the same tracks again and now the metadata like rating was updated. :D

As I am the only one who seems to be interested in this issue I think the described workaround is sufficient and I won't add any more log files. :-?
yves707

Re: [Workaround] Sync ratings with MMA on Samsung S8 with encrypted phone storage and SD card not working

Post by yves707 »

No, you are not the only one. I have the same issue. but with Galaxy s9. cant see any ratings on mma
Lowlander

Re: [Workaround] Sync ratings with MMA on Samsung S8 with encrypted phone storage and SD card not working

Post by Lowlander »

Note that MMW just got updated to 4.1.22 which includes a Ratings sync issue. If you still have issues with it and the latest MMA beta report back.