Standalone Wear OS App with Wifi Sync

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Flint4

Standalone Wear OS App with Wifi Sync

Post by Flint4 »

Hi everybody,

I did not find a better forum to post this. Please forgive me if it is placed wrongly.

It would be great when a standalone Media Monkey app for (Android) Wear OS could be developed: Media player with Wifi Sync option to sync music files to the local watch storage. This is something which is entirely missing on the market as far as I know.

When I go running / do sports I like to listen to music while I track my activity with Runtastic App. My Smartphone stays at home as my Smartwatch (Huawei Watch 2) can do this without. Until now I use an old, wired external MP3 Player for the music which works fine. But it would be more comfortable to play directly from my Smartwatch to Bluetooth earphones and get rid of additional devices just to play music.

I do not know if there is anything like this already planned or decided. But I would be happy if MM could take this into consideration.
Best wishes,

Alex
Lowlander

Re: Standalone Wear OS App with Wifi Sync

Post by Lowlander »

How much storage do watches typically have and do any have SD card expansion capability?
Flint4

Post by Flint4 »

The most smartwatches currently have around 4GB of storage. I think there is a trend to bigger storage capacity (Apple Watch 3 with 16GB). Unfortunately the Wear OS firmware also consumes memory. My Huawei Watch 2 for example has 2GB of storage available. I could easily spend 1GB for music which is plenty in my eyes.
Haven't seen any watches with card slot, except SIM cards.
Best wishes,

Alex
RoyalT17

Post by RoyalT17 »

this would be amazing. How active are MediaMonkey developers?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Very Active, MMA 2.0 UI will allow customization and then we can see what can be improved to support WearOS, AndroidTV OS and similar derivatives.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts