Request: Add search by year to the MMA home screen search options?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

F1nchy

Request: Add search by year to the MMA home screen search options?

Post by F1nchy »

I know it's not something that you'd use all the time, but I'd find it handy to look for albums I've not gotten round to listening to in previous years, and I'd use it a lot more than the Composers option which is there!

Thanks
oblivioncth

Re: Request: Add search by year to the MMA home screen search options?

Post by oblivioncth »

The sort options are quite bare when compared to MediaMonkey desktop. Most likely this will not be touched until MMA 2.0, which seems to be aimed and bringing a lot of the desktop functionality to MMA in a mobile package, drops.
F1nchy

Post by F1nchy »

Ah, ok. Doing a google for mma2 suggests it's been asked about a number of times but there's no date on its release. Hopefully sooner rather than later....! :)
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

Yea... unfortunately it's one of those "when its ready" kind of things and unlike MM5 it's not available for beta testing.

I'm hoping it comes around sometime this year since it's been talked about for quite some time. Or at least a fix for the artwork problem :o
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
ATM releasing MM5 is priority as it brings new technology and ways to support all the features we making for MMA2.0 and can't be used in current MMW design.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

Peke wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:48 pm Hi,
ATM releasing MM5 is priority as it brings new technology and ways to support all the features we making for MMA2.0 and can't be used in current MMW design.
That's understandable. Generally I would assume the mobile app would be designed around ththe desktop apps functionality and capabilities so it makes sense to get the latest version of MM out of beta before moving onto the latest mobile version that will work in tandem with it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Exactly, when MMA 1.2 was released we already announced roadmap that MMA 2.0 will be redesigned and much closer experience to MM desktop we got users used to (limited in features according to OS, format and common user usage behavior). MM5 was in internal test back then and we already worked on MMA 2.0 feature list and UI. Now when MM5 is in Beta things crystallized regarding MMA and now MMS which is released as open source on github.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
oblivioncth

Post by oblivioncth »

Well I'm glad to hear a milestone (MMS) was reached at least. Just gotta twiddle my thumbs a bit more :D