Playback started without any trigger/input

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

timepiece

Playback started without any trigger/input

Post by timepiece »

At 4am, I was woken up by music. It was my phone, Mediamonkey had started playback on its own, hours after the last time anyone had touched the phone. No alarm of any kind was set, and in fact do not disturb was on. My husband said this has happened at least once before (woke him and not me that time).

Needless to say, I would prefer to not be woken up in the middle of the night by Mediamonkey. Any ideas what could have caused that? I did send a log this morning, but did not make a note of the ID. I just sent one again, log ID 8EH57RRYVF. The only thing I've done since then is start the music in the car and then choose a playlist, hopefully the log goes far enough back to cover the early morning playback.
Last edited by timepiece on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: Playback started without any trigger/input

Post by Lowlander »

Do you have Resume play on connection enabled in the Options?
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

I probably do, since it will resume when I get in my car and connect to the Bluetooth. But no one was up and turning anything on then.
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

Happened again, 4:45am, log 31KES7V35U. This is getting really annoying.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
this is really weird because MMA starts play playlist named ".Random". MMA was not active before that, so it looks like MMA was launched from outside.
Currently, I don't know what to do with it, because MMA was launched with valid intent to play a playlist ".Random".
This excludes "Resume play on connection" actions, because in this case MMA just fires play action, but don't start to play any playlist.
To be sure, you can try to disable all options in "Resume play on connection", but I really think this is not causing it.

Don't you have any idea whether any other app couldn't be related to this? Maybe some Alarm or reminder?
Do you have a shortcut for this playlist on the home screen?

Can you become a beta tester via "Register for test builds" in About MediaMonkey dialog to get the newest beta build? Also, your sent logs will be more verbose and more helpful to me.

Thanks for the patience.

Occurrences times:
at the first time, it occurred at 04:26:40
at the second time, it occurred at 04:47:02.334
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

I do have a playlist shortcut on the home screen - and I was noticing that it was starting a new song, rather than resuming the previously paused song.

I definitely do not have any kind of alarm or reminder for between 4 and 5 am.

It hasn't happened again since the 28th.
timepiece

Post by timepiece »

Happened again at 8:45pm, phone was charging and hadn't been touched in hours: 5YQSMTRM5K