Track ordering when navigating by "location" option from Android app [#16493]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Good2YourEarhole

Track ordering when navigating by "location" option from Android app [#16493]

Post by Good2YourEarhole » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:46 am

Hello

First let me say that I really love the Windows version of the Media Monkey software, I discovered it only recently and I'm really hooked finally being able to sort all of my music collection, really love it.

As for listening, I use Media Monkey on my computer to stream music to my android phone via the official Media Monkey App. I navigate my music collection from the Android app by using the option "location" (instead of album or artist, for instance), because that way I can see all my folders structure with folders named by styles and artist. Any other option doesn't really work for me.

The issue I find is that, using the app, once I get to the album I want to play, songs appear sorted alphabetically instead of by track number, and this is really annoying and doesn't work for me. I haven't been able to find a setting that allows for ordering by the track number field when I navigate my music collection from the location option in the Android app, whereas this is -alphabetically- how tracks are presented if I navigate the tracks by the album or artist option, and this is exactly what I want to see when I navigate from the location option in the app.

Is there a way to, navigating the tracks via the location option from the Android app, have then appear by track number?

Thanks a lot in advance for your response :D

Peke

Re: Track ordering when navigating by "location" option from Android app

Post by Peke » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:16 am

Hi,
No unfortunately as Location/Folder Browser uses OS Sorting which is Filename :(

Could be useful so I added it as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16493

Thank you for support.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum