Playlist Problems on Android 9

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

bettertthan74

Playlist Problems on Android 9

Post by bettertthan74 »

I see the posts about Playlists with Android 10 and I've been having Playlist issues for the last few Builds on Android 9.

When I sync a playlist for the first time, everything is ok. Eventually the playlist will be missing tracks and won't sync again even though it should.

I have a bunch of dynamic lists like 100 recently played, 100 most played , 5 star files etc
and eventually they will start to show few than 100 files and never change. The sync reports 0 errors

I'm on MMW 4.1.29 and MMA 0933 and it has been going on a while but it has gotten worse in the last month. If I delete the list and resync it correct the list without downloading any tracks.

I keep all of my music on an SD card and I can't share them like some people have posted but that's another issue

I sent log E84U7W5BHH

In this run a list called 8. 5 star is missing 1 file
A list called Covers is missing 10..

A list called 1.recently played actually corrected itself from 99 to 100.

MMW 4.1.29
MMA 0933
Android 9
Samsung Note 8
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
Lowlander

Re: Playlist Problems on Android 9

Post by Lowlander »

Are you able to reproduce on 933, as it includes a fix for this. You may want to start fresh by removing the Playlists in MMA.
bettertthan74

Post by bettertthan74 »

I am on 933. I ran a few syncs and no change then the events I described in https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 21&t=97176 happened.

I'm in Florida and its a mess here so I have extra time sitting around to actually post this. I am not sure if the deleting of songs and the playlist updates are related but the playlist thing is relatively new.
Samsung Note 8
Android 9
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tried on two Devices with Android Pie (9) and could not replicate.

Devices I tested are Moto X4, Huawei P20 Lite.
Syncing was done to Internal and external SDcards and repeating WiFi sync 10 times each device and Storage (eg. in total of 40 times) and then do same 2 times using USB (eg. in total of 8 times).

I have been tested using Auto Playlists with criteria (each playlist with own criteria):
- 50 Files, 4+ stars, Played > 0, Last Played >1 year, Random
- 20 Files, Never Played, 4.5+ Stars
- 500 Files, Never Played, Random

After 48 syncs All three Playlists contained correct number of tracks, Also as I do not delete tracks already on device I had number of tracks that were synced in previous syncs. Test was done this way in order to test both New tracks sync to device and not resync existing tracks.

When You press F5 in MMW on selected playlists do their content change often?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts