[REQ] Music doesn't pause during Google Maps navigation [#17824]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Blazeitkin

[REQ] Music doesn't pause during Google Maps navigation [#17824]

Post by Blazeitkin »

Prior to version 1.4.4.0952 having the setting "Suppress notification sounds" unchecked would pause music while Google Maps was giving directions, but now it only quiets the music while the directions play over it.

Using Galaxy S9+, android version 9.0, kernel version and security patchs from August and September 2019
Last edited by Blazeitkin on Wed May 05, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Re: Music doesn't pause during Google Maps navigation

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I tested Today on my Moto X4 (Pie 9.0) and also on my HeadUnit (Android 8.1) and in both cases as soon as Navigation Directions are announced MMA volume was lowered by 70% so that navigation instructions are clearly heard.

I do not see the issue there.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I believe this has been around a long time where volume is lowered. I'm not sure this is controlled by MMA, instead it may be controlled by Maps or Android.
Blazeitkin

Post by Blazeitkin »

Peke wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:06 pm Hi,
I tested Today on my Moto X4 (Pie 9.0) and also on my HeadUnit (Android 8.1) and in both cases as soon as Navigation Directions are announced MMA volume was lowered by 70% so that navigation instructions are clearly heard.

I do not see the issue there.
The issue is prior to the update on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Android 9), the music would be paused as opposed to lowered.
Lowlander wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:22 pm I believe this has been around a long time where volume is lowered. I'm not sure this is controlled by MMA, instead it may be controlled by Maps or Android.
Maps refuses to use MMA as a default player, and I believe that has always been the case. However I followed a reddit post https://amp.reddit.com/r/androidapps/co ... icpodcast/ and until the recent update with MMA, music would pause instead of being lowered.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That might be a function of Android version which you updated in the way it changed handling of audio.

However it seems that Apps can control this, added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17824
TheEmpathicEar

Re: [REQ] Music doesn't pause during Google Maps navigation [#17824]

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I have WF-1000XMA earbuds. I have been trying to distinguish between what might sound like bluetooth connection issues and various notification sounds. I checked Settings>Playback>notification sounds hoping that the notification would be eliminated. So, far I am still getting this "Ding" sound. Can someone help me sort this out?