MediaMonkey for Win 8 / RT FAQ

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

MediaMonkey for Win 8 / RT FAQ

Post by rusty »

This is a placeholder. Feel free to ask questions that you think should be answered in the faq within this thread.
misterleif

Re: MediaMonkey for Win 8 / RT FAQ

Post by misterleif »

How about sync to windows phone 8?
Bob-Kyle

Post by Bob-Kyle »

What features from the desktop application does this have and not have? For those it doesn't, will it never have them?
mrojek

Post by mrojek »

Will there be an option in upcoming builds to update tags and album art? As a longtime Gold member I was stoked to see this as a Win8 app (so few things are, and Win8 is a disappointment for me. This improved my opinion drastically). I have a small mp3 library I've started on my tablet (my giant FLAC one takes up north of 800gbs), and am enjoying the interface, but the lack of album art for some of my albums distracts from the user experience. Say a photo for a band (especially if multiple albums), and then the album artwork for the album itself. It'd be slick. :D
dbw

Post by dbw »

How do you import playlists from the desktop version of 4 into mm8 for metro? I have both installed, but want to run mm8 when in tablet mode. When my tablet is docked, I might run mm4. Would like to sync playlists between them or at least be able to import m3u playlists.

Post by Guest »

I can't get anything to play on mm4 and am using windows 8. my husband has it on his laptop using windows 7 and has no problems.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This forum nor topic are about MediaMonkey 4. You'll also need to provide more detail as to how it fails to play.

Also see:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=94
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=90
theloniouscoltrane

Post by theloniouscoltrane »

I have installed this and it looks gorgeous BUT, for some reason it has not found my music. I had a couple of albums accidentally on my system drive, but almost all of my music is on two other drives. I had assumed this would have at least made use of my MM4 database, but it seems to have ignored it. Do I have to go through completely rebuild a new database? Won't I lose all my "listened to"data?
Windows 8 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Six Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 8gb memory, MM Gold, only the plug-ins that come with MM, just the scripts that come with MM, using MM Wasapi output to an RME Fireface 800 (which is also 400 compatible) running through Firewire 400 cable into PC.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

You need to understand MediaMonkey for Desktop (MMW) and MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT (MM8) are different applications and MM8 cannot have access to database from desktop version. If you want to scan your media from other that Music or Video folder, open Settings and select 'Scan for media' where you can define folders to scan.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
theloniouscoltrane

Is it worth the time? Which one will be the ongoing platform? Is the new one as flexible?
Windows 8 64-bit, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Six Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 8gb memory, MM Gold, only the plug-ins that come with MM, just the scripts that come with MM, using MM Wasapi output to an RME Fireface 800 (which is also 400 compatible) running through Firewire 400 cable into PC.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Both will continue. MMW is the full version of MediaMonkey and MM8 will be the nice metro front end version, but with limitations.
geoffintucson123

Post by geoffintucson123 »

For those unable to find your library or files, I found that it wasn't working if it wasn't on the system drive. However I easily got it to work by creating a directory on the system drive, adding that directory to the system Music Library, deleting the directory, then making a symlink from that directory to my music directory on the removable drive. Just a FYI.
theloniouscoltrane

geoffintucson123 wrote: I easily got it to work by creating a directory on the system drive, adding that directory to the system Music Library, deleting the directory, then making a symlink from that directory to my music directory on the removable drive
Sounds like a great idea, only I have no idea how to accomplish your recommendation.
geoffintucson123

Post by geoffintucson123 »

Sorry, I should have posted the link

http://www.tipandtrick.net/how-to-inclu ... s-library/

I believe you can also achieve this by adding shortcuts to your music library.
funky monky

Post by funky monky »

How do you import existing playlists (from xbox music or media player)?
I have about 200 custom playlists!
Thanks