Playback stops when screen times out

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

jlharper59

Re: Playback stops when screen times out

Post by jlharper59 »

Installed latest update...

Test 1 - "Shuffled all songs" from local SD card, not connected to a network...timed out as before
Test 2 - Selected 1 album with x songs from local SD card, no shuffle, not connected to a network...timed out

Side note: some of my albums now list duplicate songs. This is true even though when looking at the SD card, there are no duplicate albums or songs. I have scanned for music in MM8, removing songs not available. The duplicates do not play, they simply appear in all lists. My SD card is part of My Music, so I will try later to see if just adding it as a location (removing it from My Music) for music might change the behavior.

Will test more combinations and post results as I have time.

System
Dell Latitude 10 Tablet
Windows 8 Pro
jiri

Post by jiri »

There is an update currently being published (any minute, subject to how fast MS does it) which should resolve the playback issue.

Jiri
jlharper59

Post by jlharper59 »

A new one? I just downloaded and applied this one last night...

v1.0.3.47
jiri

Post by jiri »

That's the latest one, seems that some users get it sooner that others. Anyway, it's a bad news then, the fix seemed to work very well here... :(

Jiri
jiri

Post by jiri »

After a lot of testing, we are still unable to reproduce the issue anymore, it seems to be fixed. I wonder, could you try to completely reinstall MM8 in order to make sure the isn't anything corrupted?

Jiri
jlharper59

Post by jlharper59 »

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...removed MM8 at the end of last week and reinstalled last night. To my joy, it played through a full album, 16 tracks.

HOWEVER, this morning, I thought I would throw a mountain at it and play all tracks on the device (2000+) with shuffle on. As soon as the screen goes to sleep, playback stops at the end of the currently playing track. Pressing the Windows button starts playback again...the device has not gone to sleep, only the screen.

I go back and select an artist with 6 tracks, press shuffle, it highlighted in yellow (active?) and then press shuffled again to remove highlighting (off?) All play through without timing out.

Since the screen and device had gone to sleep during these tracks, I press the Windows button and log back in to the device. Press Shuffle (highlighted yellow) and the same tracks start playing again. Screen goes to sleep and all 6 tracks play to completion. Hmmm...

Back to Play All Tracks, Shuffle and off we go...screen goes to sleep and playback stops at end of current track.

Hope this helps...at least I can play full albums now. I will see if I can play genres or if I can see a correlation to the number of songs queued up?

Dell Latitude 10 Tablet
Windows 8 Pro
MM8 v1.0.3.47 (x86)
All tracks are on SD card
jiri

Post by jiri »

Thanks, just reproduced the problem with a very large Now Playing queue! We're looking into it...

Jiri
jlharper59

Post by jlharper59 »

Update:

* Play All, no shuffle, times out
* Play Genre, 88 songs, no shuffle, plays
* Play Genre, 202 songs, shuffle, times out
* Play Genre, 202 songs, no shuffle, still playing after 9 songs or a little over 30 minutes.

Large queue AND Shuffle?

Have fun! :D
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Hopefully i've found the reason and it will work in next release.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
jlharper59

Post by jlharper59 »

Well...upgraded to 1.0.3.52 this morning. :(

Played an album, screen timed out and music started stuttering...it does indeed keep playing through the timeout, but stuttering is not so great for listening to music. Pressing the Windows button to wake it up immediately stops the stuttering.

I am wondering if this is something related to my hardware (Dell Latitude 10; Atom processor and Windows 8 Pro), if this is working for everyone else.
jlharper59

Post by jlharper59 »

RESOLVED!!!

Update - Changed settings:
Show status on lock screen OFF
Disable audio processing ON
Show subtitles OFF

Album played through completely to the end...no stuttering,and no stopping when system/screen timed out!

:D
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Probably disable audio processing would be enough. Anyhow thanks for your feedback ;-).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I thought I'd drop a line to say that the problem is happening again in Windows 8.1 prerelease. Playback stops when screen times out.

Post by Guest »

Oh crap. Again!!!! Must be something in windows 8.1 they changed at ms.