Windows 10 Version?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

JeffGr

Windows 10 Version?

Post by JeffGr »

Now that Windows 10 is released, do you have a plan to update the Windows Store application to better support the new OS? At this point, the RT/Metro version of MM is already pretty much the best music player application in the Windows Store, particularly for those with large libraries. It hasn't been updated for a long time and is somewhat buggy in Windows 10. In particular, it isn't compatible with the new Windowed mode for store apps and it would certainly also benefit from Cortana integration. Are there any plans for an updated version in the near future?
variable

Re: Windows 10 Version?

Post by variable »

JeffGr wrote:Now that Windows 10 is released, do you have a plan to update the Windows Store application to better support the new OS? At this point, the RT/Metro version of MM is already pretty much the best music player application in the Windows Store, particularly for those with large libraries. It hasn't been updated for a long time and is somewhat buggy in Windows 10. In particular, it isn't compatible with the new Windowed mode for store apps and it would certainly also benefit from Cortana integration. Are there any plans for an updated version in the near future?
+1 to the addition of Windows 10 & courtesans Cortana. This would be great!
richarddylan216

Post by richarddylan216 »

I'm using window 10 in my leptop. Fantastic graphics and features
webgypsy

Post by webgypsy »

I also have taken a leap of faith and upgraded to Windows 10.
ITunes does not support Windows 10 and I finally got sick to death of throwing my money at something that hasn't been user friendly for the last few years.
I took another leap of faith when I counted on Media Monkey to beat out Apple in the 10 support.

I have been on ITunes since the beginning and now I have to start over in my learning curve. Like, where do I buy my music now?
Wah, wah, wah ... I'll figure it out.

My purpose is to light a fire under Media Monkey to provide full support of Windows 10 without requiring hours of speaking to a person to make it work. That is what Apple expects of their users now.
Common, Media Monkey, beat them at their own game.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey (MMW) should work fine as of 4.1.9 on Windows 10. MM8 (this forum) the App seems will be updated along with the MediaMonkey 5 release, as far as I can gather, at which point it should be Windows 10 compatible too.
variable

Post by variable »

What is the eta for MM8 and Version 5? Any ideas there? I have been on Mediamonkey for years, gold user, and am quite happy with 4.1.9, just eager for more cool stuff, just curious!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't know, but they're hard at work with MMW5. It would seem that a beta may not be too long, but a final release will then likely still take up to a year or even longer.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

With Win10 I *upgraded* 3 boxes. One of them after 2 months or so started to loose the start/taskbar (lots of similar on the net). On that one I downloaded a full install and it wiped the computer and installed.
Haven't had a problem since .. One of the boxes is at least 6 years old .. old hp desktop.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
swanlee

Any chance to make this a universal App?

Post by swanlee »

Would be nice to see this as a universal app Win 8/10 Windows phones etc. Yes I use and like my Windows Phone
swanlee

Post by swanlee »

Any chance to make it a universal MS Store APP? I love the Metro App version and would actually like it on my Windows Phone. It has a few bugs in the Win 8/.1 version so maybe a new Store version would do it some good.
t1gsp

Post by t1gsp »

I think it makes sense to convert the Win8/RT app to a full Windows 10 UWP app and place it in the Windows Store also.

I would like to see MediaMonkey 5 come out with full Project Centennial/UWP support, with an update to this existing Windows 8/RT (metro/modern) app as the UI with both leveraging bit-perfect playback via WASAPI on Windows 10 PC, Mobile, XBOX