Volume Leveling

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Volume Leveling

Post by Zonky »

Hi!

Does MMA respect volume leveling, previously performed on any synchronized tracks within MMW 5?
I guess not, right, because I continuously have to adjust the volume in my car when using MMA on Android Auto.

Maybe I did sthg wrong?
Lowlander

Re: Volume Leveling

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, if you enable this in the Options in MMA.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Oops, wasn't aware of this option. Thanks!
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

So, option is set, nevertheless the volume over all synchronized songs is not the same level while listening.
Sometimes volume is too low sometimes as expected on the same level as the previous one(s).

All files do have a track volume set in MMW, "Files to Edit" -> "Unanalysed Volume" does not list any files. That means, sthg goes wrong, doesn't it?

FWIW, I did not set the option "Level volume when syncing audio" in my smartphone device profile...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

And in MMW the files do play at the same level?

For me files play at the same level in both MMA and MMW (files were analyzed by MMW).
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

I will do a further check on Android Auto and report back...
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:43 pm And in MMW the files do play at the same level?
Yes, they do, even when I take my smartphone and play the very same songs with MMA.

Some more details:
I just had a short trip witch my car and had an eye, sorry an ear, on some of those tracks. At home again I started MMW and checked those songs again. In MMA the option "Level Volume" is active and all tracks do carry a volume level information in the appropriate tag.

Basically we are talking both of the track volume (column) in MMW or e.g. the playlists context menu "Analyze volume" which fills up this column, right?

So there must be sthg wrong when playing the songs using Android Auto, I assume, though I don't have any clue what and why this happens.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying MMA on its own plays leveled, but not when using Android Auto?