Play now doesn't function

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Hebephrene

Play now doesn't function

Post by Hebephrene »

I am working with a Samsung Galaxy S9 and the latest version of MM (just downloaded) and when I try and play a song, it is added to my play now list but doesn't play. I find that the songs have been added to an existing playlist but when I open that playlist most tracks are grayed out . I also notice that there is a stack of that playlist. Now if I go to My files on the phone I can find and play the track, but obviously that is not the same. Now what is curious is that this has begun to happen since I changed my sim card and lost my old SD card . I had synch half the tracks to the missing SD card and yet I can still find those songs in My files. I love MM and am in for the long game so if I need to start over, I will do so but I need to figure out why nothing plays and it all gets routed to the playlist. Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Play now doesn't function

Post by Lowlander »

You need to remove the old SD card location in Choose Library Folders and add the new SD card location. Then Scan for new/changed media. Both are done in the Options in MMA.
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

Thanks, Lowlander, and this I would do in MM on my laptop so that the laptop is directing the files to the right location. Not on my Samsung phone?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, in MMA, so on your device.

You'd use MMW if you wanted to Sync files to the device.
Hebephrene

Post by Hebephrene »

If I understand this process. I go to Options, then library folders and put the sd card in the trash. Done. Now I presume that I add the SD (it would be the same new one I had in there) and that should solve the problem?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, that should.