MMA never stops scanning

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

MasterofPuberty

MMA never stops scanning

Post by MasterofPuberty »

So just added all 860gb of music to a 1TB card.
Note 20 Ultra with latest OS updates scans and adds all files it seems, but won't stop scanning.

It's draining the battery, there's no "error" to speak of, but it just won't stop scanning.

On my first attempt I let it go 24 hrs. Apparently the initial scan only takes a few hours to add everything, maybe ~8hrs or so. Then it just doesn't stop.

What should I do to get this bug fixed?
David Hillman

Re: MMA never stops scanning

Post by David Hillman »

Same here.

I just bought MMA specifically for the WiFi syncing capability, but between this and several other terminal bugs, it is completely unusable.

Disappointed, to say the least.

[ LG G6, Android 9, 256 gb SD card. Theoretically sync'd 20k MP3s, although only about 2% are playable on the phone, for unknown reasons. ]
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are there M4A files you Synced to your device? Then it may be: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=100216
David Hillman

Post by David Hillman »

If there are any m4a files on my portable device, that's the result of a MediaMonkey bug.

I installed a new SD card, and attempted to sync my library to it -- all as MP3.

To put it bluntly, that operation failed, and I can longer use my phone for very long, because MMA is slaughtering the battery faster than I can charge it.