Prevent Sleep when using UPnP

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

sordup

Prevent Sleep when using UPnP

Post by sordup »

Is it possible to prevent my Windows machine (running MMW5) from going into sleep mode when actively streaming music to MMA over UPnP (without disabling Sleep in general) ? I use the "Install as a service" version of the UPnP server on the Windows machine.
sordup

A few questions about UPnP streaming

Post by sordup »

I have to latest beta version (5.0.2.2513) of MMW and am trying to get up to speed on streaming from my main desktop (where my music library resides) with MMW both on a Windows 11 Surface tablet/computer and Android phone with MMA .
I have playback issues with the phone which have been logged with Support and are apparently related to Android 11, so I am foregoing using that for playback now. I suppose these questions would apply there as well, but I imagine might have different answers. But for now...

Using MMW on the tablet and streaming from my desktop machine over UPnP (with the MM library installed as a service), I am curious about a couple things:
  • Is it possible to either wake my desktop device when calling for playback on my tablet ("Wake on LAN") or keep the desktop machine from going into sleep when streaming with MMW?

Is there a way to have the Last Played timestamp update on tracks played over UPnP?

Is it otherwise possible to edit aspects (ratings, etc.) of tracks/files from the main library while on the client/tablet machine?
Lowlander

Re: Prevent Sleep when using UPnP

Post by Lowlander »

1) No wake on LAN

2) Last Played should update if you enable it to do so: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... .28DLNA.29

3) No, DLNA is a streaming only protocol, no editing is possible. (You can Sync to your device and then have edits Synced back)
sordup

Re: Prevent Sleep when using UPnP

Post by sordup »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:35 pm 2) Last Played should update if you enable it to do so: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... .28DLNA.29
So, I have had "Update Play count" checked off in my Media Sharing options on my MMW5 server, and yet when playing over UPnP to my Android (which is problematic at best anyway), the last played data is not getting updated.

[Update] ...Now I find that only if MM is open on the "master" machine when being accessed by UPnP will the Last Played data be updated. IN other words, if playing files over UPnP with MM installed as a service in order to stream when MM is not open on the master machine, this data is not updated. Is this, then the expected behavior??