Scan for updated media files

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Richard44

Scan for updated media files

Post by Richard44 »

Hi,
I've installed the free version of MMA and added a few songs to my Samsung tablet just as a trial. MMA has recognised these songs, but daily I get a message "Scan for updated media files?". How can I turn this off? I don't want MMA auto scanning - it's wasting its time and annoying me.
Thanks
Richard
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Scan for updated media files

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Richard, how did you add the songs.

You really need to synchronise the device from a PC running MMW4 or MMW5.
Ian Taylor
Richard44

Post by Richard44 »

Hi Ian,

The files, only 20 or so, were simply copied from a USB stick onto the tablet. I'm not running MMW at the moment.

Cheers
Richard
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Richard,

If you have a PC and can install MMW4 or MMW5 AND if you can connect the tablet to the PC then you will be able to sync over USB.

Once you have sync'd using USB then if you have WiFi on both the PC and tablet, you can follow up with subsequent sync using WiFi.

Then you can start to expand the music collection on your device. If this is the direction you want to go, consider having a micro SD card in the device to sync to. A humble 32GB should hold a few thousand files, a 256GB good for say 20,000 mp3 files.
Ian Taylor
Richard44

Post by Richard44 »

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your replies.

I do have MMW4 on the PC. The music there needs some significant culling, so I have not made any attempt to sync MMW with MMA. My "problem" is nothing to do with syncing.

MMA (the free version) is installed on the SD card in the tablet. There is a folder on the SD card called "Music", but there is nothing in it. The 20 or so music files that I have put onto the tablet were copied from a USB stick into a folder called "Music" that is in the internal storage. These files are on the tablet simply to give me the opportunity of playing around with MMA to see what it can do.

So, every two days or so, there is a message saying MMA wants to scan the SD card for updated media files - there are no media files on the card. Maybe MMA is getting frustrated :lol: There is no message about scanning internal storage.

I cannot find anything within the menus of MMA that allows me to turn off this auto update. :-? Do you know if there Is an option to do so?

Just in case MMA has a obscure bug about where files are relative to where it is installed, I'm going to move all the music files from the internal storage to the SD card to see if this solves my "problem".

Thanks Ian, cheers
Richard
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hallo Richard,

Einrichtung MMA (ob Handy oder Tablett):

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Richard44

Post by Richard44 »

Hallo Erwin,

Yes, I hadn't correctly selected my library folder. Simple mistake.

Thank you
Richard