MediaMonkey for Android Help

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

urlatenow@gmail.com

Post by urlatenow@gmail.com »

I upgraded a few days ago to Mediamonkey Pro 1.0.4.0245 on my Android Galaxy S4 over the "free" version. I was expecting to see a difference in the "free" version and the "Pro" version. I don't see any difference with the free version. For example,
1. "Genres" seems to be limited to 9 genres only. The program will not recognize beyond that number.
2. Sometimes music file names are displayed and other times the "Title" tag is displayed. File tags all use one tag spec entered with Tag & Rename.
Am I missing something here? There seems to be no difference in "free" and "pro" versions. Both appear equally limited. Comments would be appreciated
Last edited by nohitter151 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from stickied topic as it's unrelated.
nohitter151

Re: MediaMonkey for Android Help

Post by nohitter151 »

The free version of MediaMonkey has limitations on:

Wi-Fi Sync - limited to 7 days
UPnP/DLNA - limited to 30 minutes at a time
Folder browsing
Configurable home screen
Lyrics lookup

for more info see http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... troduction
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey for Android Help

Post by Lowlander »

How were files synchronized with the device? If it wasn't MMW that synced the files you're depending on Google Media and its limited capabilities reading tags. For now as MMA relies on Google Media you're best of using MMW to sync to the device (while MMA is installed) so it updates the MMA database directly with more and correct track info from MMW.
urlatenow

Post by urlatenow »

Rusty,
I'm new here and I don't follow what you're saying exactly. I posted here earlier and my message is gone. Do we ask questions. Are you saying we don't ask questions here and you only cover "errors and ommisions" in you online help? :roll: Are we expected to post to the bug forum?
Last edited by nohitter151 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Again, split from stickied topic. That thread is to discuss documentation, not to ask for help