MMA Won't start on Nexus 9 / Lollipop [#12699]

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Re: MMA Won't start on Nexus 9 / Lollipop [#12699]

Post by dtsig »

eieioshop wrote:it really feels like once i purchased the Android "Pro" version app from MediaMonkey, it worked for around 4 weeks or less, then it wouldn't even open up!

only a pop up upon trying to open the app saying "MediaMonkey has stopped"

essentially, it crashes during the effort to try to open it up.

this has been THE worst app purchases i've ever made, in terms of having zero positive, helpful support, or any effort in trying to get this working.

with so many podcatchers out there, i am dumbfounded as to why and how i picked this one? i read through a bunch of reviews and all, and then picked this one. alas, poor choice i made, apparently.
Does it seem that whipping the devs gets better traction? :)

Have you tried the newest betas?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
eieioshop

Re: MMA Won't start on Nexus 9 / Lollipop

Post by eieioshop »

"...whipping..."

i'm not "whipping" anyone.

these are the facts from my own experience. clearly, it is specifically one person's experience.
azuresp

Post by azuresp »

Adding to this thread as I assume it'd get catagorized similarly to the M9 failure.

I'm using the new Galaxy S6, running Android 5.0.2, with MM Pro 1.1.1.412. The phone came from AT&T so it has the usual AT&T customizations/bloatware on it, if that makes a difference.

I start MM, briefly see a black screen, then I'm returned to the desktop, with the message "Unfortunately MediaMonkey has stopped.", and the option to report the crash.

I do know from experience the problem isn't Lollipop per se; my previous phone was a Nexus 5 running Android 5.0, 5.01, and 5.10; all ran MediaMonkey with no issues.

Looking forward to resolution of this problem. Happy to help if I can.
eieioshop

Post by eieioshop »

azuresp wrote:Adding to this thread as I assume it'd get catagorized similarly to the M9 failure.

I'm using the new Galaxy S6, running Android 5.0.2, with MM Pro 1.1.1.412. The phone came from AT&T so it has the usual AT&T customizations/bloatware on it, if that makes a difference.

I start MM, briefly see a black screen, then I'm returned to the desktop, with the message "Unfortunately MediaMonkey has stopped.", and the option to report the crash.

I do know from experience the problem isn't Lollipop per se; my previous phone was a Nexus 5 running Android 5.0, 5.01, and 5.10; all ran MediaMonkey with no issues.

Looking forward to resolution of this problem. Happy to help if I can.

@azuresp: i'm in virtually the exact same quagmire -- i use the S6 Edge. Black screen as well, then "unfortunately..."

frustrated. bought the pro version too.
Last edited by eieioshop on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

If you can spare the time, perhaps you could try sideloading some of the older builds from the beta thread. If an older version works it might help discover the cause of the problem.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=120
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Seems the Galaxy S6 issues were being moved in here, so I'll post my findings here. Running a new Galaxy S6, standard install of MMA not functioning ("Unfortunately, MediaMonkey has stopped working") which build 412 is currently on the Play store. Doing some testing per the recommendation above, I have found that the functionality on the S6/Lollipop 5.0.2 breaks somewhere between build 405 which launches fine and 407 which crashes. Don't see an APK for 406 to test.
azuresp

Post by azuresp »

Hi folks. It looks like the latest beta (413) has a fix that's working for my S6; from the notes (http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12699) it looks like there was a bug with MMA that was causing failure on 64-bit devices. As best I can tell this fits the devices reporting problems on this thread; the Lollipop aspect is probably not relevant.

Cheers! :D
eieioshop

Post by eieioshop »

thx for the heads up.

personally, i prefer to not go through the trouble with beta versions, etc. i listen to podcasts for entertainment purposes and informational purposes and do not wish to spend a great deal of time trying beta versions, then update to certified versions, etc.

of course, i understand that is a personal choice of mine.

along those lines, may i please ask how long one might expect before MediaMonkey might push out a legit/certified real version after this beta is out? hopefully soon?

thank you again for your update. much appreciated, especially after i just purchased the MediaMonkey PRO version on Android.
Jim Holmes

MMA Won't start on Samgun S6 running Lollipop

Post by Jim Holmes »

MediaMonkey Android (current d/l version) - on Samsung s6 running Lollipop
Appears to load, then msg: Unfortunatly, MediaMonkey has stopped. I sent a report for what it is worth.

Worked fine on Samsung S3
Model # SM_G920V
Android Ver: 5.0.2
Kernel: 3.10.61
nohitter151

Re: MMA Won't start on Samgun S6 running Lollipop

Post by nohitter151 »

Jim Holmes wrote:MediaMonkey Android (current d/l version) - on Samsung s6 running Lollipop
Appears to load, then msg: Unfortunatly, MediaMonkey has stopped. I sent a report for what it is worth.

Worked fine on Samsung S3
Model # SM_G920V
Android Ver: 5.0.2
Kernel: 3.10.61
The S6 has a 64 bit processor which MMA cannot run on yet.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Latest beta corrected issue on my S6. :D
Jim Holmes

Post by Jim Holmes »

Where does one get the BETA copy (413) of MMA? I looked real hard. :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Play store.
kcalsyn

Post by kcalsyn »

It sounds encouraging that it may work with the Beta version.

Roughly how long does it typically take to make it into a non-Beta release?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no fixed type release schedule. I'd say generally within a few months. Point updates tend to be more save anyway as they're mostly fixing bugs, not adding features.