Moderator: Gurus

Formidable

MMA Won't start on Nexus 9 / Lollipop [#12699]

Post by Formidable »

I just got a new Nexus 9 with Lollipop.
Neither MMA Pro nor Beta will launch.
(They install without issue.)
There's no error.
Just the quick fade-in of a black window that then disappears and returns me to the desktop in under half a second.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
@
rusty

Re: MMA Won't start on Lollipop

Post by rusty »

To check the obvious: did you install build 1.1.1.411 (MMA does work on lollipop builds, though we don't have a N9 in house)?

Thanks.

-Rusty

Note: it sounds similar to http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12607 but this issue was resolved in build 398
Formidable

Re: MMA Won't start on Nexus 9 / Lollipop

Post by Formidable »

Rusty,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I have build 1.1.1.0411 installed!
I've also uninstalled and re-installed and also tried the beta.

Thanks,
@
Formidable

Post by Formidable »

Are there any error logs I can look for or check?
@
kcalsyn

MMA won't run on HTC One M9 - lollipop

Post by kcalsyn »

Just installed the latest Pro version today. When run, it shows a black MMA screen briefly then stops. I tried clearing data and rebooting. What can I do to get this working?

Thanks
oldsdhep23

Post by oldsdhep23 »

I also can confirm that I'm suffering the same problem, downloads fine but tap the app to open it screen goes black as if to start MM then back to original screen, I thinks I saw an error code 505 .
Peke

Post by Peke »

OK,
I have Nexus 7 (2012) updated to LP 5.1 and MMA starts without problems.

I wonder do you use custom user enviroment?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
kcalsyn

Post by kcalsyn »

I'm not sure why my post got moved under this topic. My issue is with an HTC One M9, not a Nexus 9.
Is anybody else having issues with the M9?
Is anybody at Ventis working on the M9 issue?
Do you need any more info about my situation? (My phone has the Lollipop that came with the M9 -- from Sprint.)

Thanks.
fredholmes

Post by fredholmes »

I have a HTC M9 and have the sane problem - neither app will launch once installed - just a black screen and then back to previous page !

Help - I love MM but am moving onto N7 Player.

Fred
fredholmes

MMA Won't launch on HTC M9 - help

Post by fredholmes »

MMA Won't launch on HTC M9 - help.

I just get a black screen for a second and ten back to previous page

Fred
eieioshop

MMA free & Pro not opening in S6 Edge (instantly crashes)

Post by eieioshop »

relatively new user of MM Android free and paid for the MM Android PRO as well. i also use MM Windows 7 on my pc desktop. i've used both for roughly 2 months. This week, i upgraded my mobile phone from Samsung S5 to Samsung S6 Edge. NEITHER MM Android Free nor MM Android Pro on my new S6 Edge would open up. They would open up (blank) for a fraction of a second and instantly show a MediaMonkey has closed pop up, i.e. instantly crashed.

i paid for the upgraded Android Pro app and i have a receipt email for it.

i installed on my previous phone (only several weeks ago on my Samsung S5) both the mediamonkey standard as well as the pro version, because it said to me that the pro version REQUIRES the standard version in order to function.

likewise, i installed both versions on my new Samsung S6 Edge. mediamonkey crashes every time i try to open it. i never am able to get it to even open up, much less to try to use it.

i found only one folder with mediamonkey in the name and deleted that one single folder without any contents inside but deleted the folder anyway - iirc, it was called MediaMonkey or something similar. i did this last night after a support ticket person told me to do so.

again, installed free app. tried to open it. crashed instantly.

now, again, installed the PRO app without uninstalling the free app: crashed instantly: both the pro and the free app crashed instantly.

there may be some incompatibility between your apps and the new Samsung S6 EDGE phones?

the phone just came out 5 days ago and i got it on day 1.

i cannot spend a lot of time on this but am not pleased, of course, that i paid for the app and it is literally not useful for me whatsoever. furthermore, the mediamonkey on my PC is of limited use now because it no longer syncs with my phone's mediamonkey, so it is not at all seamless in terms of transitioning from phone to PC use or vice versa.

the idea of mediamonkey was to be able to transition from one device to another device seamlessly, so that one may listen to a podcast on my pc, then pause it, and continue listening on my cellphone while i'm away from my PC physically, say for example, in a car or on the subway.

if there is no solution, and this crashes instantly, my only solution is to look for another podcatcher? too bad i just recently paid for the PRO version on my android google play store, and got virtually no use out of it! why is this?

thank you.

Post by Guest »

my problem also. can it be sorted asap please ?
fredholmes

Post by fredholmes »

Anyone actually reading thing from MM ?
eieioshop

Post by eieioshop »

it really feels like once i purchased the Android "Pro" version app from MediaMonkey, it worked for around 4 weeks or less, then it wouldn't even open up!

only a pop up upon trying to open the app saying "MediaMonkey has stopped"

essentially, it crashes during the effort to try to open it up.

this has been THE worst app purchases i've ever made, in terms of having zero positive, helpful support, or any effort in trying to get this working.

with so many podcatchers out there, i am dumbfounded as to why and how i picked this one? i read through a bunch of reviews and all, and then picked this one. alas, poor choice i made, apparently.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This only seems to affect Lollipop and the developers will get around to a fix (it's holidays in many parts of the world after all). In the meanwhile make sure you at least include the exact Android and MMA version in use.