Can't play FLAC or WMA

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Voltron8MyHat

Re: Can't play FLAC

Post by Voltron8MyHat »

I'm having the same issue. I have MediaMonkey Pro for Android, but it won't play any Flac files (all are 16/44.1 ripped from CD using MediaMonkey). I downloaded PowerAmp and all of the files play great (and I like the interface better). I'm kind of annoyed about paying for MM Pro right now, since I specifically purchased it to play Flac on my device.
twostepcub

Playing WMA files in MMA

Post by twostepcub »

Hey guys, I've had a bear of a time getting my music synched on to my android turbo 2 with android 6.0 and mma version 1.1.3.0554, only to find another problem just as big.

Half of my music that I've synced is in the WMA format, and while it's synced, it simply will not play in MMA. It works fine if I bring up PowerAmp (i still have a trial version of that from when I was testing apps) but I certainly don't want to have two different apps just to play music. That's insane. I've checked the "options" from my device on the MMW tools and WMA shows as an accepted format. Anybody have any insight into what to do? Again, I'm at wit's end. Thanks.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Guest (re the FLAC playback on the droid turbo): Do your FLAC files have an FLC extension? I'm wondering if that's the root of the problem in your case?

twostepcub: do the synced wma files play in Google Music? I ask because that would let us know whether your device really supports wma--it's possible that it reports to MMW that wma is 'supported' even though it isn't.

Voltron: can you confirm what device/android version you're using?

Thanks!

-Rusty
hal55

Playing FLAC on Mediamonkey for android

Post by hal55 »

I've just downloaded MM onto my smartphone, running android. Although MP3 files play fine FLAC files do nothing. Nearly all my music collection is Flac files on a memory stick. I know MM plays Flac on my Windows laptop without problem, and I'm just surprised they don't play on my android phone. Can anyone help?

Hal55
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi hal55,
Can you please open support ticket and supply us with one FLAC file sample we can analyze.

I'm suspecting that file headers are corrupted which will not show on PC but will show on Android device which is more sensitive.

Additionally it would be great if you can send Debug log after you get the error and write the log id back here for us to analyze.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Pitgo

dont play WMA

Post by Pitgo »

MMA want play WMA Files on my Android phone. How to do that it works?
Lowlander

Re: Can't play FLAC or WMA

Post by Lowlander »

MMA can only play file types natively supported by the device. Not all devices support WMA.
RafaMonkey

Post by RafaMonkey »

And here we are at the end of February 2021 and there is still no support for WMA. I did a search for other music players for Android phones and the best option IMO is the one from FiiO, which plays pretty much everything you throw at it. It is a shame because I really like MediaMonkey for my PC and I recommend it all the time. I do have a lot of WMA files standard WMA, WMA Pro and WMA lossless and I don't want to be converting lossy WMA files to MP3.
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

I am looking to purchase MM, but like others users have mentioned here, most of my collection is FLAC format as well. I am a bit surprised to learn that at the moment it is not possible to reproduce it on Android Auto. Any plans in the short or medium term to include this format natively in MM?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

FLAC playback currently depends on your device supporting it. MMA 2.0 is said to come with it's own codec support.