Moving from MMA Beta to Release

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

meljmartin

Moving from MMA Beta to Release

Post by meljmartin »

How does one avoid having to re-sync the entire library? In my case that is 20K tracks on 2 devices = 40K tracks... a lot of time!!!
dtsig

Re: Moving from MMA Beta to Release

Post by dtsig »

When a release is available just load it like you would each beta. There should be no difference to the library. If there is a difference/enhancement it converts automatically for you. There is no problem doing the release.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
meljmartin

Post by meljmartin »

OK, will go ahead. I was afraid to try because I've had MMA delete and re-add my library more than once which can take days because anytime I re-sync the entire library like that, every sync results in a few errors... about a 0.1% - 0.5% random conversion fail rate so the first sync takes a day or more on my slower tablet and I typically have to do two or three more before everything is in sync.

Thanks...
meljmartin

Post by meljmartin »

Worked for my Note 10.1 KK but as soon as I connected my Note Pro with JB to the USB port it started to delete all my content in spite of the fact I selected the option to confirm deletions. MMA is the most troublesome piece of software I've ever used (as far as sync is concerned).

To illustrate just how weird MM sync works, The USB sync for 15K tracks took overnight... however the sync indicated it had not copied about a dozen files. I reran the USB sync and it synced over 400 more tracks??? I ran it a third time and it indicated everything was in sync but my track count was 14 tracks short??? So I ran MMA Wireless sync and it found one more album... 14 tracks. Finally the track count is correct. This is not atypical of what happens when MMA trashes my library. For the future, is there anyway to force MMA and MM to reestablish sync (such as after a reinstall) without trashing the Android library and starting over? Sort of an MMA db rebuild?

Thanks for any suggestions...