List albums by chronological order

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Re: List albums by chronological order

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:14 am Did you select any content to be synced? Did you setup the card with the correct Destination Masks as well?

https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index. ... oid_device
If you read back in this thread, I did a sync that had to be aborted. I don't remember selecting any content in MMW. Destination Masks? Is this a reference on android? In MMW, under File Locations>Other locations on Galaxy A51 - Card, both Music and Video are checked. What else to I have to do?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You just started using a new Device Profile for the card, thus you need to set it up in MM5. Otherwise nothing will sync as nothing is selected for sync.

- In the Device Profile in MM5 go to the Auto-Sync (--> Device) tab and select content to sync.
- In the Device Profile in MM5 go to the Sync Profile tab and then the File Locations to setup the Mask of how the files should be stored (ie. something like \Music\<Album Artist>\$if(<Year>,[<Year>] )<Album>\<Filename>)
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:30 am You just started using a new Device Profile for the card, thus you need to set it up in MM5. Otherwise nothing will sync as nothing is selected for sync.

- In the Device Profile in MM5 go to the Auto-Sync (--> Device) tab and select content to sync.
- In the Device Profile in MM5 go to the Sync Profile tab and then the File Locations to setup the Mask of how the files should be stored (ie. something like \Music\<Album Artist>\$if(<Year>,[<Year>] )<Album>\<Filename>)
I did that. MMW Beta crashed during 1st sync. Sent log. Restarted. When I started another sync, it did not start where it crashed, the sync began over from the beginning. For the 3rd sync, I restarted Windows, reseated the USB cable from PC and phone. And, the 3d sync, crashed in the same place. Artist, "Halsey", it seems to get as far as the 1st track in [2020] Manic [after completing the other 2 albums]. But, I don't know if this matters. Is this something that is more likely to happen in the beta? Or, is this something else? Because the sync keeps crashed in the same place.
TheEmpathicEar

MMW Beta Crashes during sync repeatedly

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I jumped in and got both MMA Pro and MMW Gold. After a lot of work, I got a sync started. But, it has now crashed 3 times in the same place each time. Same album and track. It does not start over from where it crashed, but from the beginning. Is this more of a beta bug?
EDIT: I noticed that my post was merged into this thread? I posted elsewhere because this seems to be more of Windows, MMW, [and maybe a beta] issue?
EDIT2: [Please get back to me?] I did 4th sync after removing the "Halsey" music folder from my collection. The sync got a bit further, but still crashed in the N's. I need to understand if this is beta issue? When I was using Foobar with the iPod Manager, I was able to get this entire music collection on my iPod. And, I listened to it all. I need to understand if this is a Windows issue, Android, both, none, or whatever?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
it shouldn't crash, which version of MediaMonkey for Windows are you using? Is it 5.0.0.2250 ? Under which username/email you submited the crash logs?
Could you re-submit and attach the log ID here?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Ludek wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:53 pm Hi,
it shouldn't crash, which version of MediaMonkey for Windows are you using? Is it 5.0.0.2250 ? Under which username/email you submited the crash logs?
I am using the version above. I just purchased MM Gold on 5/16/2020. Which username are you referring? The one in the email I received for the purchase? Or, the one I am using here in the forum? My email is the one I am using here is the forum. Obviously, I am not going to reveal the License Username/License Key here.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The one used to submit the logs from MM5, it would help to find your logs.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:11 pm The one used to submit the logs from MM5, it would help to find your logs.
I used the License Username/License Key in the email I received after my purchase to activate MM Gold, It's the same email I am using in this forum. The username I am using here at the forum is different for protection. If you a moderator, you should have that email address. And, there must be someone who could find out any more information that is needed w/o me revealing it here in a public forum?? And, I have no idea what log ID or anything else mentioned above? If specific logs are needed, how could I find them on my PC? In my experience, beta software does crash. This is why I asked if I should use the stable version of MMW.
EDIT: No one has asked this. I am using a Windows 10 Pro x64 PC. I noticed MMW is installed as x86.
TheEmpathicEar

Sync Crash

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Ludek wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:53 pm Hi,
When MMW Beta crashes/freezes, a popup, send log dialog appears. Does the software use registration information? My Username that was used to activate the software? If not, how can I locate the log, and attach it here?
TheEmpathicEar

Sync Crash

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:11 pm The one used to submit the logs from MM5, it would help to find your logs.
Same question to you. Tell me what I need to know to get the information to you? It has been almost 24 hours. What else do I need to do? What both you and @Ludek need to know is that sometimes the Send Log feature crashes/freezes too. Where are the MMW logs found on the system drive?
EDIT: I started another sync. There is a popup: The media transfer process on Galaxy A51 - Card appears to be frozen. etc. This usually resolves itself and the sync starts. But, the sync always seems to go back to the beginning and not where the last sync crash/freeze left off.
EDIT2: This sync crashed/froze at Nickelback which is where the last sync crashed/froze. The log file was sent. I took a look at the top of the Send Log popup. Maybe something about invalid album art? I have used Windows Media Player in the past and this add album art into every artist/album folder(s). Having used WMP, does this pose any problems for MMW? Does the phone need to be in airplane mode during a USB sync?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If log fails to send it can be found in: C:\Users\<WIndowsUser>\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLab s.a.s\EurekaLog\Bug Reports\MediaMonkeyEngine.exe\MediaMonkeyEngine.el You can open a Support Ticket and attach logs to it: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ets/Submit

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... tion-fails For me accepting this error allows sync to continue.

Airplane mode is not required, logs will hopefully show why sync is failing for you.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:55 am If log fails to send it can be found in: C:\Users\<WIndowsUser>\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLab s.a.s\EurekaLog\Bug Reports\MediaMonkeyEngine.exe\MediaMonkeyEngine.el You can open a Support Ticket and attach logs to it: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ets/Submit

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... tion-fails For me accepting this error allows sync to continue.

Airplane mode is not required, logs will hopefully show why sync is failing for you.
Ticket #NHU-235-96571 submitted. "MediaMonkey.el" was the only log I could find. The "MediaMonkeyEngine.exe" folder did not have a log. It's not possible to attach a log file here in the forum? I have to ask again. Wouldn't the last stable version of MMW 4.x be better?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can always try MediaMonkey 4. You can install it in a separate location as a Portable Install.

Logs can contain personal info, so I wouldn't attach them to a public forum. However you can always upload files to a cloud storage (like dropbox) and share a link to the files.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:06 pm You can always try MediaMonkey 4. You can install it in a separate location as a Portable Install.

Logs can contain personal info, so I wouldn't attach them to a public forum. However you can always upload files to a cloud storage (like dropbox) and share a link to the files.
No one has responded to the ticket # above that I submitted yesterday. If I used DBGView to generate a log, how will it be more secure from cloud storage?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks, analyzed your ticket / logs, to be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16643