Play music videos while locked or in background?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Codec

Play music videos while locked or in background?

Post by Codec »

I have started including music videos in my music collection. Some of these videos have made it into playlists that I have set to sync to MMA (v1.3.5.0856).

Now, if I am listening to one of these playlists with the phone locked or with MMA in the background audio files (mp3's) play just fine but as soon as one of the videos starts playback stops until I unlock the screen or bring MMA into the foreground.

I'm sure this is intended behavior, but in my use case I would love to have the option of having the video files continue to play in the background.

Is there a setting within MMA that I have missed that will allow me to do this or should I file this as a feature request?
Peke

Re: Play music videos while locked or in background?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes this is intended behavior and common behavior for video player apps.

Take for example YouTube app that do not allow background playback, but you need to install YouTube Vanced to have that. I wuld rather have MMW/MM5 be capable to Demux Audio from Video Files and play them. Unless like I sometimes Sync number of my favorite Music Videos to SDcard and play them on my Car headunit (unlike US for now it is Legal for me)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts